About Northeastern: Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and a world leader in experiential learning. The same commitment to connecting with the world drives our use-inspired research enterprise. The university offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Our campuses in Charlotte, N.C., San Francisco, Seattle, and Toronto are regional platforms for undergraduate and graduate learning and collaborative research. Northeastern pursues advanced research in security and materials at the Innovation Campus in Burlington, Massachusetts, and in coastal sustainability at the Marine Science Center in Nahant, Massachusetts.
About the Opportunity: Serves as a member of the Housing and Residential Life departmental management team and shares in the leadership, support, and assistance to Housing and Residential Life staff and students. Supervises a 20 hour a week Graduate Assistant and up to 12 student lock out assistants.
Responsibilities: Coordinates the following Housing and Residential Life Processes:
-Coordinate and assist with all logistics of the Move-in, Move-out and Move-to- from processes.
- Acts as a liaison with the Facilities Department to address the physical aspects of the halls. Leads bi-weekly facilities meetings to discuss vital issues along with any upcoming projects/planning; compile bi-weekly meeting minutes with updates from the meeting to send out to the Department.
- Monitor residence halls for renovations and upgrades. Surveys and makes recommendations regarding summer construction projects.
- Acts as a liaison to facilities projects managers for all projects occurring in the Residence Halls.
- Serve as a committee member of the Sustainability Committee.
-Manages 34 staff apartments. Specifically, conducting semester inspections, purchasing furniture and managing facilities concerns and construction projects. Facilitates all move-in and move-outs and apartment and key inventories for staff apartments.
- Coordinate delivery, pick up dates and service calls with Microfridge our in-hall fridge rental vendor.
- Coordinates service calls and yearly maintenance with Safe Decisions our in-hall safe vendor
- Coordinates Access into halls for all vendors.
- Facilitates the renewal process of all vendor contracts.
- Manage Departmental key inventory as new staff are hired and leave positions.
- Manage the coordination of all hamper deliveries and complete the hamper schedule during move-ins and move-outs.
- Works with the staff on health and safety inspections every semester by sending out the timeframe for completion and assist as appropriate.
- Assist Department with gathering information for student claims for Risk Services review. Works directly with Risk Management on processing claims.
- Works with Garment Valet our Dry Cleaning vendor on cleaning of table cloths and linens used for safe rooms and opening.
- Manages the pack and store process for when a student leaves behind belongings in a room.
- Assists in the development of departmental policy and decision-making functions for the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Clarifying and resolving student/parent complaints with departmental policies, procedures, and directives.
- Balancing job demands with the needs to collaborate with university and community colleagues to enhance the department and one's own professional development.
This staff member will be on-call during move to from, move-in, move-out and during inclement weather. This staff member will carry a cell phone and be available to respond to crisis/problem situations. When called, staff member will be expected to direct and or coordinate the problem or crisis situation.
Successful candidate will subject to a criminal background check.
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree or a minimum of 5 years professional work experience in Facilities. Effective supervision, administrative, organization, written and oral communication skills; excellent decision making skills. Experience working autonomously and are able to exercise excellent judgment in their areas of responsibility. Experience supervising, working with and addressing needs of a diverse student community. Experience with computer applications is required.
Preferred Qualifications: n/a
Salary Grade: 10
n/a Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Founded in 1898, Northeastern University is a private research university located in the heart of Boston. Northeastern is a leader in worldwide experiential learning, urban engagement, and interdisciplinary research that meets global and societal needs. Our broad mix of experience-based education programs?our signature cooperative education program, as well as student research, service learning, and global learning?build the connections that enable students to transform their lives. The University offers a comprehensive range of undergraduate and graduate programs leading to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools.