1. Identify, design and implement new initiatives for the Center of Excellence, Minnesota State system office and the Healthcare Education-Industry Partnership Council; secure funding for initiatives through grants, contracts, or other innovative funding models.
2. Assess curriculum and accreditation needs of healthcare programs and industry; facilitate curricula development; identify and implement strategies, as needed.
3. Provide timely information and advice to the Minnesota State system office and Center of Excellence; respond to specific inquiries; identify and lead system-wide projects. Prepare analytical reports and develop policy recommendations for the Center of Excellence, the Minnesota State system office, Legislature and healthcare industry.
4. Serve as Liaison by participating in interagency task forces and councils between the Minnesota State system and Minnesota's healthcare industry, state agencies, University of Minnesota and private colleges on healthcare education issues.
5. Direct and oversee the work of the Center of Excellence Partnership Project, and federal and state grant projects. Manage budgets, contracts, and staff related to projects. Guide marketing efforts related to specific initiatives.
6. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of HealthForce Minnesota and Winona State University.
* Master's Degree in a Healthcare-related field, Education, or Public Administration. * Five (5) years of experience in leadership and management of organizations and projects related to healthcare and/or higher education, including research, policy analysis, project management and working with elected officials.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Registered Nurse. * Experience in nursing education (faculty, director, or dean). * Experience in senior care services. * Experience in curriculum development. * Knowledge of the utilization of technology as it relates to healthcare. * Expertise in partnership development and program coordination. * Ability to manage multiple projects. * Ability to design and acquire funding for new initiatives. * Skilled at interpersonal and inter-organizational relationships. * Experience in group facilitation and leadership. * Experience facilitating teamwork, leading teams and influencing change. * Strong oral, written interpersonal and electronic communication skills sufficient to prepare messages and materials for diverse audiences and clearly explain, discuss, and present.
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE : In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check. Institution: WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY Eeo Notice: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Internal Number: 18908
About WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.