Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Operations
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes. ISGPO is comprised of 5 departments: Client Operations, Trading Operations, Financing & Collateral Operations, Trade & Transaction Reporting Operations (TTRO) and Change the Bank (CTB).
Trade and Transaction Reporting Operations is part of the ISG Product Operation and is aligned with the sales and trading support functions. This group has responsibility for the effective implementation, management and control of a number of critical components of our regulatory mandated trade/transaction reporting obligations for Cash, OTC, and Listed asset classes within the ISG business, as well as our EMIR delegated client reporting.
The Trade and Transaction Reporting CTB group delivers strategic, global business process and technology-based solutions across Morgan Stanley. The group carries out 3 functions:
- Comprised of architects and strategists who are responsible for assessing and designing solutions in line with the needs of upstream and downstream partners
- Perform a current state assessment of risks and issues impacting Trade and Transaction Reporting Operation functions
- Lead in overall strategy and solution design including providing both high level and detailed views
- Comprised of Project Leads and Business Analysts who are responsible for working with the stakeholders to deliver Trade and Transaction Reporting projects
- Remit of project scope includes Regulatory change, Audit driven change, Control & Efficiency enhancements, and Special Projects and can span both IT and non IT Projects.
- Works with the PMO to ensure adherence to the agreed project operating model and governance lifecycle
Project Portfolio Management
- Act as first point of contact externally for any new work
- Provide supporting services to project execution leads by maintaining the tools, standardized processes and reporting of project data
This role is for a Business Analyst within the Project function in the London team.
The role offers the opportunity to engage with various groups within the Firm in Operations, Finance, Risk and IT to ensure delivery of business requirements in line with various ISG Product Operation initiatives currently underway covering Regulatory Reporting and control framework agendas. It will also include the provision of inputs into broader functional architecture efforts and business process re-engineering initiatives within the Firm.
In addition, the candidate will be able to manage defined projects and tasks, ensuring that project progress and status are communicated regularly and clearly to both stakeholders and senior management and that timely escalation of risks, issues and impacts to timelines and delivery is made.
This is a challenging and rewarding role offering the candidate the opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of change. The candidate will need to be able to understand and articulate the differences between various financial products and their related operational processes and technologies, have an appreciation of the wider regulatory landscape and define, identify and deliver strategic solutions for controls, risk management and problem resolution. The candidate will also need to be able to work with and get the best from all levels of the organisation.
- Working with senior stakeholders in the project space across relevant business functions to deliver the teams regional and global projects; be responsible for the collation of business requirements and testing approach and execution for system implementation and process change for Trade and Transaction Reporting projects and wider control issues, contributing towards delivery on multiple projects
- Working with technology partners to define the functional and technical design to support business processing requirements
- Collaborate with Management to ensure common standards and best practice are implemented globally
- Work with the Project lead to ensure delivery throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Track and communicate project status to wider team and management
- Collaborate with the Project team on test plan development, design test strategy and manage the UAT process
- Develop an effective network of stakeholders to facilitate easy integration of changes quickly with new areas of the Firm
Skills required (essential):
- Ability to interact and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Understanding of the trade lifecycle and the various downstream user requirements of trade and financial data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership and accountability for tasks
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented and ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of the Software development life cycle
- Experience of interacting with a team either locally or globally
- Experience with Scrum and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of project management and change management principles
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting processes and directives
- Knowledge of accounting and basic terminologies used in the financial services sector
- Knowledge of MS suite of products including Power point, Share point etc.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal Number: 6718117
About Morgan Stanley
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.