About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities:
· To provide compliance advice, oversight and support to the businesses (Financial Markets - Sales and Trading, Treasury and Treasury Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Syndication) and the functions in Standard Chartered Bank AG ("SCB AG"), in particular (but not limited to) on all Capital Markets (Wertpapier-)Compliance matters with specific focus on the sales and trading activities as well as operational side and respective transaction reporting and exchange membership matters.
· To provide also Compliance oversight to other business activities such as Trade and Corporate Finance activities as required.
· Ensure compliance of SCB AG's activities in Germany and its branch locations (as well as the EEA as appropriate) with all laws, regulation and relevant standards, in particular with respect to Capital Markets Front line activities and Operations as described above.
· To support Head of Compliance and the Regional Compliance Team in all matters (including project work and project management responsibility), in particular having any relevance to Capital Markets Compliance and, if need be, in all other Compliance matters.
· To assist and effectively support the Head of Compliance to provide comfort to senior management that the Bank is in compliance with its legislative, regulatory and best practice requirements with regard to its activities (businesses, governance and functions).
· To provide control and oversight over all relevant outsourced activities and services.
· To provide relevant control and assurance activities in particular with respect to all Capital Markets matters and activities and if need be, other business areas, in particular Trade and Corporate Finance.
· Help to drive the business through regulatory advice, training and product support.
· Ensure compliance of all Policies, Procedures and Manuals with relevant German and European laws and regulation.
· Ensure compliance with relevant Market Abuse regulation (incl. timely reporting) and proactively develop respective control measures.
· Act as second line of defense in all matters concerning the business activities of the Bank, in particular Capital Markets activities, Trade and Corporate Finance.
· Assisting the Head of Compliance regarding any regulatory queries and/ or investigations, audits, reviews (both, internally or externally) and in the completion or resolution of related matters.
Our Ideal Candidate - Proven experience in securities and securities compliance
- Proven experience in Transaction / Securities reporting would be a plus
- Solid knowledge in Trading and Corporate Finance
- Knowledge of the relevant regulations
- German and English skills are required
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 6547811
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.