1) Manage all facilities and maintenance operations.
2) Provide oversight of Maximo system.
3) Inventory, equipment, and storage oversight.
4) Assist with project management as assigned.
5) Ensure contract compliance with Food Service Provider and Facilities/Maintenance Provider.
6) Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) inspection/inspector Liaison.
7) Oversee safety, sanitation, and janitorial services
8) Engage, enhance, and maintain effective, current facilities stakeholders â˜communication.
9) Manage the Outsource Facilities/Maintenance Vendor operations.
10) Responsible for current code compliance for all business licensures, inspections, equipment and preventative maintenance.
11) The Dining Operations Manager will report to the Assistant Director, Facilities.
1) Ability to analyze problems and produce problem-solving strategies designed for improved productivity, efficiency, and economies of scale.
2) Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
3) Well organized, detail oriented, focused, timely and efficient skills. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
4) Strong computer skills, including knowledge of spreadsheets and database applications.
5) Experience with client/PC workstation applications.
6) Proficiency with Windows based computers, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook) required
7) Display decision-making skills.
8) Possess negotiation skills.
9) Ability to work with little supervision.
10) Must have strong team player skills. Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally.
1) This role will perform some tasks outdoors
2) Eating at the various dining venues of UChicago Dining is a requirement of this position. The Assistant Director will be provided with a meal plan that will enable s\he to be part of the team that ensures that the dining vendor follows its contract expectations and is attaining the quality standards expected by the campus.
3) Must have valid driver's license and be able to operate a vehicle
1) Requires the ability to work independently for periods of 8 hours or more
1) Associate of Arts Degree in Facilities Management, Refrigeration, Kitchen Equipment, Project Management or related field.
2) Â A Bachelor's degree in Facilities Management, Project Management, or Business Management.
1) Five years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of supervisory experience in kitchen equipment repair, refrigeration repair, dining operations, project management or facilities operations.
2) Knowledge of food trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, and food cost controls.
1) Commercial Food Equipment Repair Technician certificate or related certification ServSafeÂ® certified
1) Cover Letter
4) A valid driver's license
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06902
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.