· Participate, understand and challenge the Project requests
· Manages and administers the request for information (RFI) process. Commercial impacts often arise from the process Launch Request for Quotation
· Receive and analyzes Supplier’s offers and negotiate best offer to Constellium
· Raises Contracts in close cooperation with legal department to protect company assets
· Keep the Project Manager regularly informed of purchasing activities
· Participate in project “lessons learned” activities in his/her area of responsibility.
· Proactivity - attend kickoff and weekly progress meeting
· Ensure scope of work is maximized to help limit change orders to a minimum.
· Provide process flow that mitigates the contract spinning wheel – effective use and allocation of time is necessary so that critical projects have priority over less value add.
· Search the market for potential suppliers and support the main sites on identification of suitable bidder list to match leveraging opportunities and best available market options in order to develop a supply base with the optimum service level at the lowest possible TCO.
· Lead the development of supplier partnering arrangements to include performance management initiatives, focusing on recurring capital expenditure (mill rolls, HV HIGH VOLTAGE equipment, furnaces, etc)
· Safety and sustainability are central to all Constellium’s activities and the incumbent defines, develops and implements QHSE management towards vendors.
· Inform project managers of the status of projects (contractual/commercial negotiation)
· Place purchase orders in SAP, and ensure proper storage of contractual documents
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or other directly related field
Institute for Supply Management (ISM) CPSM or APICS CSCP certification preferred
7 - 10 Years’ Experience with Strategic Purchasing or Similar Experience
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and SAP experience is a plus
Experience with Strategic Purchasing, Quotations, Tenders, Contract Design, Negotiation, Total Cost of Ownership, CAPEX and Cash Flow analysis
Effective Communicator and Matrix Team Player
Able to build strong, credible relationships with strategic partners and suppliers
Ability to communicate with employees and other business and potential business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
Result orientation, accountability, negotiation, problem solving, project and change management, and team working/building
Good communication, high level of autonomy, collaboration and interpersonal skills are equally important
Perform, understand and communicate detailed information analysis and evaluation, and have a good track record working effectively within a team-based environment
Ability to work in cross-organizational and multi-functional teams in a global matrix organization with manufacturing operations and an international mindset
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary, great benefits, and bonus eligible!
Internal Number: 29445
Constellium is a global leader designing and manufacturing innovative and high value-added aluminium products and solutions for a broad range of applications dedicated primarily to aerospace, automotive and packaging markets.
Constellium operates in 20+ manufacturing sites in Europe, North & Central America and China. C-TEC , the company’s Technology Center located in Voreppe, France, and its new hub in Plymouth, MI, U.S., is at the origin of many advanced aluminium alloys and solutions.
Through our three business units - Aerospace and Transportation (A&T), Packaging and Automotive Rolled Products (P&ARP), and Automotive Structures and Industry (AS&I) - Constellium anticipates and responds to the fast-evolving market needs.
The company is headquartered in Amsterdam (The Netherlands) with corporate offices Baltimore, MD and New York, NY (U.S.), in Paris (France), and in Zurich (Switzerland).
Constellium Muscle Shoals is an aluminum manufacturing plant based in Alabama with over 1,200 employees. With its widest strip mill in the USA and a world-class recycling center, the site represents one of the largest sites within Constellium and is a world-class can recycling center..., with the capacity to recycle nearly 20 billion cans per year. Muscle Shoals’ main product is aluminum can sheet for the packaging industry, particularly for beverage containers. It manufactures sheet used in all three components of an aluminum can, namely body stock, coated end stock and tab stock. Additionally, Muscle Shoals’ supplies Auto Body Sheet substrate to Constellium’s Bowling Green, Kentucky, site.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.