Role Value Proposition:
Leads the coordination for resolving complex incidents as a technical expert across multiple technologies. Performs research, analysis, and facilitates incident resolution. Accountable for restoring normal service operation as quickly as possible and to minimize the impact on business operations for application-related incidents, thus ensuring that the best possible levels of service quality and availability are maintained.
- Trains and/or mentors other team members, and peers as appropriate
- Provides inputs to define core processes for team and educates stakeholders
- Subject Matter Expert in at least 3 technology disciplines (Network, Database, Storage, Hosting, etc) with experience in additional disciplines.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the Incident Management processes
Drive Incident Resolution
- Acts as the technical SME for all incident bridge calls to drive technical discussion for restoration of service activities to ensure that service is restored as quickly as possible
- Manages communication of incidents and escalations to internal and external partners.
- Follows all defined IT standards and practices, provides input for improvements to the appropriate process owners as needed
- Maintains a proper balance between business and operational risk
- Follows the defined project management standards and processes