Founded in 1863, Boston College is a Jesuit, Catholic university located six miles from downtown Boston with an enrollment of 9,150 full-time undergraduates and 4,420 graduate and professional students. Ranked 31 among national universities, Boston College has 758 full-time and 1,096 FTE faculty, 2,750 non-faculty employees, an operating budget of $956 million, and an endowment in excess of $2.2 billion.
The Deputy Editor works closely with the Editor on all aspects of producing Boston College Magazine . An outstanding writer and editor, the Deputy Editor helps to oversee everything from building the editorial calendar and planning sections to conceptualizing story ideas and assigning and editing articles.
The Deputy Editor
* Works with the Editor to plan, assign, and edit cover stories and packages
* Conceives, assigns, and edits feature articles and packages
* Plans and edits the BCM front-of-book section
* Writes articles that appear in all sections of the magazine
* Collaborates with the Editor and Art Director on design and layout decisions
* Oversees the editorial team's work with our digital, video, and social media colleagues
* Helps to supervise the magazine's staff writer
* Functions as a key BCM ambassador to the Boston College community
* Remains abreast of University priorities, programs, news, and strategic initiative
* Maintains a network of top-quality freelance writers
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range: $80,050 to $100,050; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field
Expert writing, editing, and interpersonal communication skills
Ten years of print magazine experience
Three years of digital and social media storytelling experience
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity
Boston College's Notice of Nondiscrimination can be viewed at https://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity/compliance/nondiscrim
Internal Number: 3441
About Boston College
Boston College is one of the nation's best and most selective universities, with U.S. News & World Report ranking Boston College 31st among national universities, and Forbes ranking it 26th in its 2012 America's Best Colleges listing. Boston College confers more than 4,000 degrees annually in more than 50 fields of study through eight schools and colleges. Faculty members are committed to both teaching and research having earned nearly $60 million in research grants in the last year alone. The University has made a major commitment to academic excellence. As part of its Strategic Plan, Boston College is in the process of adding 100 new faculty positions, expanding faculty and graduate research, increasing student financial aid to more than $128 million annually, and widening opportunities in key undergraduate programs, such as international study, internships and student formation.