The Chicago Metropolitan Housing Development Corporation (CMHDC) a non-profit housing development corporation, is seeking a real estate professional to assist in the development of affordable housing projects. The manager works closely with the Executive Director overseeing different aspects of the development of affordable housing from concept, through construction, and completion of projects.
The acquisition manager will perform the following duties:
• Identify/evaluate new development/acquisition opportunities, including for rental, condominium conversion, and new construction opportunities.
• Prepare acquisition/development budgets and pro-formas. Conducts economic feasibility analysis for each project under consideration.
• Analyze different financing alternatives to complete projects using private and public financing to secure acquisition of naturally occurring affordable housing. Secure financing.
• Conduct due diligence tasks to ensure feasibility of project. Supervise activities of projects consultants. Conducts site inspections as needed.
• Prepare development and project updates as needed.
• Oversee transition from construction completion/acquisition to property management operations.
• Solicit bids and assist in the selection and monitoring of contractors
• Develop and maintain relations with realtors, property owners, developers, neighborhood and community groups, government officials and other professionals.
• Ability to thoroughly analyze affordable housing projects. Knowledge of non-profit housing development programs, issues, policies, and procedures.
• Technical knowledge of financial and physical mechanism to develop affordable housing. Able to prepare and perform pro-forma/financial analysis and cash flows.
• Knowledge of LIHTC and other affordable housing financing programs. Knowledge of government compliance requirements for projects funded using public funds.
• Knowledge of construction/rehab process, including general project management and bidding.
• Strong analytical and computer skills. Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Minorities and women encouraged to apply. Please submit resume with cover letter via email to:
About Chicago Metropolitan Housing Development Corporation