We are a growing practice looking to develop both the hospital practice and the professional capabilities of our team. Essentially, our belief is that we grow when our team members grow.
We are a busy primarily walk-in small animal practice that has been well established for over 60 years.
We primarily see dogs and cats but have started expanding to see exotics/pocket pets over the last 14 months.
We have a recently remodeled dental suite that includes digital dental radiography and two wet tables to accommodate multiple procedures at once.
Our large surgery suite is also equipped with state of the art monitoring and anesthesia equipment, as well as surgical and orthopedic equipment.
We have therapeutic laser, ultrasound, and digital radiography (including dental) to name a few equipment updates. (We are adding endoscopy to our repertoire within the next two months.)
We have 3 licensed technicians and several more that have graduated and are in the process of studying for their exams (also just hired two tech students and have one RVT that teaches at the local tech school!).
We currently have 3 full time DVMs and 1 part time
All of our DVMs believe in and support mentorship!
A few other items I would note…
We have established wellness plans at a discounted price!
We are currently developing our Rehabilitation program and have a LVT on pace to earn her CCRP by the end of 2019!
We accept all ER and critical care cases we can and have a DVM and tech on-call each night. (Staff on regular shifts and on-call have great rotations!)
We offer advanced dentistry including full-mouth digital dental xrays with every procedure.
We just purchased a new Ultrasound unit 12+ months ago and are working with our DVM team to expand their abilities and the hospital capabilities with it.
Additionally, we have expanded out orthopedic surgery capabilities by acquiring the latest equipment from OrthoMed in order to do advanced ortho procedures. (See link)
As noted above, we are looking forward to our new GI endoscope(Karl Storz) - JUST ARRIVED!
You can reach me either through email or phone (below). I can also provide contact information for any of our DVM team if you would like to get their feedback on Kentuckiana. We'd love to get to know you!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
* Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
* Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
* Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
* Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
* Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
* Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
* Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
* A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
* Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
* Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
* Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
* Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
* Manages time and tasks appropriately.
* Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
* Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
About Kentuckiana Animal Clinic
It is our daily privilege to provide quality veterinary care to our patients and excellent customer service to our clientele. We strive to have a positive impact on our patients, clients and the local community. We understand the special role that our pets play in our families and are dedicated to becoming your partner in continuing to improve your pet's health and quality of life. Our goal is to practice the highest quality veterinary medicine and perform surgery and follow-up care with compassion. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of each individual pet owner and to the needs of each individual pet with an emphasis on client education.Here at Kentuckiana, we are a full service companion animal veterinary hospital. Our services and facility are designed to assist in routine preventive care for young, healthy pets while offering early detection and treatment of diseases as your pet ages. We are committed to providing complete medical and surgical care as necessary to help promote a healthy and happy life for your pet.Our clinic offers surgical, medical and dental care for dogs and cats. We also maintain a full-scale healt...h program for our patients that include annual physical exams, spays & neuters, vaccinations and parasite control. Additionally, at Kentuckiana we have a fully stocked pet pharmacy, microchip placement & registration, boarding, and grooming.