The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA), with offices in Arlington, VA and Lincoln, NE is the trade association for over 900 consumer-owned electric cooperatives serving more than 42 million people. NRECA is committed to harnessing the strength of America's electric cooperatives into a single powerful voice. NRECA has won the following awards over the past few years:
* Top Workplace by the Washington Post * 100 Best Places to Work - ComputerWorld Magazine * 50 Best Places to Work - The Washingtonian * CARE Award Recipient - Recognizing organizations that promote a positive work-life balance * Best Place to Work Award Recipient - Lincoln, NE * Gold Well Workplace - Wellness Councils of America * State of NE Governor's Wellness Award - Grower Level
At NRECA, we work with people who are leaders in their fields. They are down-to-earth, hardworking professionals committed to helping our members serve their communities. Our work is interesting, constantly evolving, and requires new skills to meet the evolving needs of a dynamic industry. In this collegial, inclusive work environment, united around the compelling purpose and history of electric cooperatives, we thrive. And topping it off, NRECA cares about each person's overall well-being, encouraging health, financial security, and a sustainable work/life balance. EEO/AA- M/F/Disability/Protected Veteran Status/Genetic Data
Summary Sr. Advisor, Product Development -Tax Advantaged Account Program P.4
The Sr. Product Advisor is responsible for day to day oversight and product development for the Tax Advantaged Account Program. This program currently includes the following products/programs:
Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Retiree HRA's Section 125 Plans (Health Flexible Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Savings Accounts, Limited Use Health Savings Accounts and Premium only Plans) Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
These programs involve coordination of multiple resources, vendors and/or products that include a wide array of options and complex components (i.e. legal, compliance, regulatory agencies, plan design and implementation, customer service and financial reporting).
Purpose and Mission
* Recommends product/program changes needed to support the needs of member co-ops.
* Guide the development of business cases to support enhancements and new initiatives.
* Provide consultation and guidance to co-ops on Tax Advantaged Account options which may include assistance with coverage, plan design and enrollment activities
* Collaborate with Tax Advantaged Accounts claims team and operations manager to ensure technology platform performs as expected, participate in testing of platform upgrades and issue resolution
* Support delivery of individual insurance programs such as retiree medical and other voluntary products.
* Vendor management and oversight including contract review, negotiations and Requests for Proposals
* Monitor vendor performance with respect to service level agreements, service level objectives and/or performance guarantees.
* Work with Member Engagement, Employee Benefits Communications and Digital Strategy team to communicate program changes and requirements to member, internal customers and management
* Present information to internal partners, co-op members and other groups when needed
* Ensure that the management of all programs remains HIPAA compliant
Requirements and Qualifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business or related field. Applicable industry designation preferable (e.g., CEBS, CPC, PHR, R.N.SHRM-CP). Master's degree preferred.
* 5+ years' work experience in program development and management related to employee benefits, health care, wellness and disease management.
* Experience with delivery of medical plan designs using HRA, HSA and FSA accounts
* Strong analytical skills-health care, data and/or financial analysis
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, preferred experience writing easy-to-understand benefit plan information (e.g, low-literacy, plain language)
* Strong presentation skills and individual group training experience
* Strong research skills and abilities and attention to detail
* Experience working with ERISA plans, SPD's ,Affordable Care Act, IRS tax codes related to group benefits or consumer spending accounts.
* Experience developing and updating Summary Plan Documents, Summary of Material Modifications and Summary of Benefit Coverage documents
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.