To provide administrative support for the department chair and faculty as well as manage the academic department office.
The Academic Coordinator is a direct liaison of the department and faculty, staff, students and the community.
Primary Responsibilities :
This position will provide administrative support for a large complex academic department. Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for departmental budget within SAP
- Input of department student class schedule into SAP system
- Compiling and maintaining of data for reporting and accreditation purposes
- Assistant to and calendar maintenance for Department Chair
- Travel arrangements
- Meeting coordination and minutes
- Arrangement of student work responsibilities
- Process and retain personnel related paperwork
- Serves as a liaison and collaborates well with other departments, as well as students and the public
- Oversight of confidential records and correspondence for Department Chair and faculty
- Provide assistance to department chair for material needed for Digital Measures and the SACS accreditation process
- Responsible for maintaining office equipment
Bachelor’s degree plus two years of related experience in office management or accounting required.
Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel. Proficiency in SAP data management system preferred.
Candidates must have excellent communication skills and a have basic understanding of bookkeeping and possess budget analysis skills.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Application review will begin immediately.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Quick Link: 8713
Internal Number: 8713
About Northern Kentucky University
NKU is a growing metropolitan university of more than 14,000 students served by more than 2,000 faculty and staff on a thriving suburban campus near Cincinnati.
Located in the quiet suburb of Highland Heights, Kentucky—just seven miles southeast of Cincinnati—we have become a leader in Greater Cincinnati and Kentucky by providing a private school education for a fraction of the cost.
While we are one of the fastest growing universities in Kentucky, our professors still know our students' names.