Scientist - Coatings for Furniture and Flooring-1902988 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Note: The job location is Charlotte NC, but frequent travels to Wyandotte, MI; and Southfield, MI is required for remainder of 2019- Q3/2020
Scientist - Coatings for Furniture and Flooring (1902988) - Charlotte, NC
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to join your team in Charlotte, NC. This is an excellent opportunity for you to demonstrate your superior problem-solving skills and passion for continuous learning and ability to apply new tools for developing new products.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your Doctorate education in polymer or material science, chemical engineering, polymer chemistry or organic chemistry, you will design and develop new emulsion polymers and/or resins in the field of coatings for furniture and flooring.
* Your excellent Research and Devlopment experience with coatings for furniture and flooring will aid you in developing testing procedures and starting point formulations for industrial coatings.
* Demonstrating your strong project management skills, you will manage product development projects efficiently and effectively to achieve target objectives.
* Successfully engaging within the organization, you will work closely with our regional business partners to analyze furniture and flooring coatings market and identify unmet needs. You will also establish and maintain close working relationships with colleagues across the regions.
* Focusing on innovation, you will stay current with scientific and technical advances in your working field and explore new opportunities in emulsion polymers and/or resins chemistry and processes.
* Your effective communication and interpersonal skills will serve you well as you collaborate with our global research colleagues and external centers of excellence.
* Applying fundamental principles and creativity to the development of new products, you will direct activities of assigned technician(s) toward achieving project objectives.
* Your commitment to workplace health and safety will be evident as you establish and maintain a safe and healthy work environment by being aware of and implementing company wide and site safety policies/procedures.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.