The Environmental Engineer will provide support to the Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky, and Colorado Landfills. This individual will implement and execute projects for permitting and construction, manage annual capital budgets ranging in $10M to $15M, maintain procedures and programs to manage environmental compliance requirements required by permits by performing the following duties.
This is a relocation opportunity, position can reside in Missouri, Kansas, Kentucky, or Colorado.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities are assigned to cover a territory for the company that has assets for landfills, transfer stations, recycling facilities and hauling facilities. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages project activities including planning, organizing, directing, and reporting for environmental assessments, site investigations, feasibility studies, permitting, and construction. Prepares project reporting for management review.
• Assists in developing a compliance strategy to meet regulatory requirements. Implements and maintains company required compliance tracking system.
• Assesses the environmental risk of activities and advises management of environmental impact.
• Directs sampling and monitoring programs, which typically monitor air, groundwater, and surface water.
• Interprets data and observations to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advises management accordingly.
• Evaluates current and proposed codes, standards, regulations, and guidelines to determine the impact on current and future operations and projects.
• Deals directly with regulatory agencies regarding permitting and operational compliance issues. Reviews all submittals to regulatory agencies.
• Maintains working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulators. Takes the lead in promoting the effective implementation of such technologies to the Company's operations.
• Leads the development of engineering backup to support financials, including landfill UOC rates, of assigned facilities.
• Maintains an organized file system relating to each assignment and activity.
• Participates in training activities as appropriate. Promotes safety at all times.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience - Bachelor's degree (B. S.) in Engineering or Environmental Science from four-year College or university plus five or more years of work related experience.
• Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Professional Engineering registration, or ability to obtain registration in a reasonable time based on qualification, is desired but not required. Valid State Driver’s License.
• Language Skills - Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Mathematical Skills - Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts including fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Computer Skills - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Access Database software; MS Outlook Email software; MS Excel Spreadsheet software and MS Word Processing software.
• Ability to travel up to 75% as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Internal Number: 1000-093019-1
About Waste Corporation of America
Waste Corporate of America (WCA) proudly serves customers, at home, at work, and in an array of commercial industries, by efficiently collecting, transferring, processing, and disposing of waste. For nearly two decades, WCA has been known for outstanding customer service, and owns one of the best safety records in the industry. As a vertically integrated company, WCA leverages technology to deliver exceptional environmental services for each and every client.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.