This position requires dental radiography certification. Main responsibilities include exposing, developing, and mounting digital radiographs as ordered (FMS, PA, BWX, Panoramic) assuring proper radiographic quality. Monitor infection control protocols for radiology area. Maintain inventory and order supplies. Maintain equipment and request professional maintenance as necessary. Manage introduction of new patients to Detroit Mercy Dental Center information and procedures prior to screening procedures with students and faculty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Expose, process, and mount diagnostic digital radiographs.
(2) Assist students on proper radiographic techniques.
(3) Assure proper OSHA and infection control guidelines are followed within the clinic.
(4) Maintain departmental inventory and order supplies as necessary.
(5) Meet with all new patients to review information related to patient care, patient rights and responsibilities, procedures and protocols related to becoming an active patient at Detroit Mercy Dental Center.
(6) Prepare copies of radiographs as requested assuring proper authorization for release has been obtained.
(7) Scan patient radiographs which have been provided from external private practices.
(8) Manage all electronic requests for radiographs and all digital radiographs that have been sent electronically assuring proper transfer to the patient record.
(9) Maintain equipment and request professional maintenance or repair as necessary maintaining accurate maintenance records.
(10) Assist as needed in other clinic areas and perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
3 years minimum dental assisting experience in a multi-provider general dental office.
Radiology certification required.
3 years minimum experience exposing, developing, mounting, and duplicating radiographs.
Competent skills using a keyboard and PC
Associates degree or some college coursework preferred.
Experience with an Electronic health record and digital x-rays.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Must be knowledgeable about dental radiation and safety and must be competent in all aspects of dental radiography.
Must have general knowledge of dental procedures, instruments, and materials.
Must have knowledge of OSHA guidelines within a dental practice and experience practicing these guidelines.
Must have professional interpersonal communication skills and experience communicating on a professional level within a diverse population.
Must be able to work independently and within a team with the desire to contribute to the team.
Must have manual dexterity to place radiology plates accurately for proper exposure and type information into a patient record.
Must be able to lift and carry 10 lbs.
Must have the ability to move freely throughout the clinic.
Busy dental practice setting. This position requires operation of radiology equipment and processing scanners. It also requires operation of instrument sterilizaton equipment.
Electronic health records are used requiring operation of a PC.
Current Michigan Radiology Certification and BLS is required.
Open Date: 09/25/2019
Salary/Pay Information: Minimum $14.50/hour
Anticipated Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: SF9937-TD001-0618-1175
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.