The Senior Digital Designer provides creative thought leadership to our digital design strategy, creating digital ad campaigns and website experiences that capture our brand voice and deliver competitive edge. This role should show the ability to think creatively and translate strategic marketing objectives into design assets and user interfaces that compel and convert our users. Using digital best-practice standards, the Senior Designer will collaborate with our business strategy teams to deliver new website functionality, content, email, social, and on-site campaigns.
The successful candidate will show a track record of strong ability to learn the intricacies of the customer journey and business objectives, incorporating them into compelling layouts and concepts, tied to measurable KPIs. Candidate should be passionate about collaborative design process, partnering with Digital Analytics, Brand & Product Marketing, Digital & Customer Experience, as well as Executive stakeholders. Candidate should possess a firm grip on technical feasibility of design, striking the right balance between investment and return.
· Production of all artifacts for website experiences, editorial content, and multi-platform campaigns (email, social, on-site ads, etc.)
· Collaborate with MarComm Strategy, Digital Strategy, and Marketing Operations teams to learn business objectives, iterate on design concepts, and deliver on process and timeline
· Participate in go-live UAT of new campaigns and experiences, both self-created and developed externally
· Partner with Site Analyst & Digital Experience Manager to measure and iterate on design product, including A/B & multi-variate testing, user testing etc.
· Develop templates where appropriate, testing and iterating to optimize
· Self-manage tasks and approvals to ensure timely project delivery
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, or a similar program of study, or equivalent experience
A minimum of 5 years in a retail or agency setting, delivering compelling digital storytelling via websites, web pages, emails, social media, and digital campaigns
Robust portfolio demonstrating skillset with multi-platform digital campaigns as well as core website elements such as navigation, PLPs, PDPs, CTA, editorial content, homepage, faceting, etc.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
· Robust portfolio demonstrating skillset with multi-platform digital campaigns as well as core website elements such as navigation, PLPs, PDPs, CTA, editorial content, homepage, faceting, etc.
· Strong business acumen, including ability to tie design approach to strategic goals and brand identity
· Ability to present concepts to stakeholders, verbalizing how design approach aligns with business strategy
· Strong user-centric design skills, informed by UX best practices (certification preferred)
· Expertise in production of required digital artifacts including, heuristic evaluation, wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, design prototypes, graphic assets ,etc.
· Collaborative spirit, willing to share and learn from other team members, turning out a well-rounded design product
· Expertise with mobile-first and responsive design
· Highly experienced with digital standards such as accessibility, typography, cross-browser compatibility, etc.
· Proven ability to test and measure results and deliver iterative progression, leading to improved engagement and conversion
· Ability to work rapidly, with an agile approach
· Proven ability to handle multiple, simultaneous projects, and deliver in accordance with strict timelines
· Working knowledge of design code languages, such as HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, JS, iOS etc., and the development lifecycle
· Expert knowledge of toolsets required to deliver, such as Adobe XD, Photoshop, InVision, etc.
· Experience creating gifs, animations (video a plus)
Strong business acumen, including ability to tie design approach to strategic goals and brand identity
About HDJ & Associates, Inc.
HDJ + Associates is consistently named one of the top recruiting firms in the Pittsburgh area. We are a professional employment and search solutions company focused on recruiting the best possible talent available in today’s demanding market place.
Our clients often tell us that finding the right candidates to join their company is one of the most difficult tasks on their already overburdened task list.
Likewise, our candidates often tell us that finding the right position in today’s crowded market place is frustrating and overwhelming.
Let HDJ + Associates take the pressure out of the recruiting process for both candidates and employers. We will hit the employment bullseye each time streamlining the recruiting process to success.