1) Assess the training needs of local practitioners by conducting surveys and compiling recommendations based on program evaluations, engaging with SSA alumni, students, faculty, lecturers and staff, and seeking recommendations from current workshop leaders.
2) With the Director of Professional Development Program & Marketing, develop a cohesive strategic plan for the types and amounts of continuing educational workshops that should be offered annually.
3) Collaborate with the Director of the Professional Development Program and SSAâ™s Director of Marketing and Communications to develop promotional materials and strategies for SSAâ™s continuing education programming.
4) Manage relationships with continuing education workshop leaders to motivate their continued engagement with continuing education programming.
5) Develop and implement a system of evaluative metrics and performance management for the program.
6) Develops and supports information technology used in teaching and learning. Monitors trends, identifies opportunities, and explores innovative approaches to teaching and e-learning in an online environment.
7) Keep up to date with emerging trends in academic technology and online learning.
8) Foster the development and understanding of new technologies pertaining to learning and scholarship by developing and maintaining a network of relationships with colleagues across campus, other institutions, and professional affiliations on an ongoing basis.
9) Collaborate with instructors on the pedagogical design of curriculum content by identifying existing content and developing a strategy to convert it into an e-learning environment.
10) Analyze, develop, and evaluate online service programs that support teaching and learning.
11) The Continuing Education and Online Program Manager provides logistical support to SSAâ™s continuing education programming.Â
12) The Continuing Education and Online Program Manager will respond to complex queries from prospective and current PDP registrants including registration procedures and content questions about workshops; supervise all program registrations for continuing education programs; advise PDP registrants by phone, email, and mail in a professional and timely manner.
13) Manage and maintain the Events Air database and online registration portal, conduct regular update to maintain complete and accurate records on all registrants in the database; prepare program performance analysis for review with Director of Professional Development Program & Marketing.
14) Oversee the financial management of registrations by maintaining systems for tracking refunds, credit letters, and course waiting lists; manage all PDP tuition income and deposits to appropriate program accounts; implement all University and program policies, such as refund, cancellations, and payment policies, fairly and in accordance with established program practices; monitor tuition revenue and expenses for all assigned programs. Process payments for vendors including designers, printers, and off-site venues.
15) Secure locations for continuing education events that balance access, affordability, and convey professionalism commensurate with the Schoolâ™s reputation.
16) Ensure logistical supports to adequately staff workshops, supports workshop leaders with AV, copying, and other needs, and arranges for catering with SSAâ™s Events Manager and off-site staff.
17) Greet workshop leaders and attendees at continuing education events. Programs take place in Hyde Park and at least four locations throughout Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
18) Maintain SSAâ™s licenses to be a continuing education provider, including providing continuing education certificates to attendees, and reporting attendance information to the proper authorities.
19) Hire and supervise student workers who help in the logistics of providing continuing education workshops.
1) Be proficient with database management and have experience learning new software such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premiere, Articulate 360, and Blackboard/Canvas.
2) Demonstrate understanding of emerging trends in education and technology, digital learning, and social media.
3) Have knowledge of the Chicago human services professional community, as demonstrated by employment history, or involvement with professional associations or organizations.
4) Be able to articulate training needs of the professional practice communities.
5) Independent initiative.
6) Inter-personally engaging.
7) Problem solver.
8) Customer service orientation.
10) Detail oriented.
1) This position may require travel to other local workshops.
1) Have 2-3 years or more of experience in a professional office environment.
2) Be proficient with database management and have experience learning new software such as Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premiere, Articulate 360, and Blackboard/Canvas.
1) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06465
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.