1) Works with the Communications Director and other Institute leadership in the development and execution of an organization-wide communications and marketing plan.
2) Assists in the integration of the communications needs of the Instituteâ™s various initiatives, including its four core programs: the Speaker Series, Fellows Program, Civic Engagement Program, and Career Development Program.
3) Plays a crucial role in the Communications Departmentâ™s development and implementation of communications and marketing strategies,Â including public relations, brand management, event publicity, community engagement efforts, and digital/social media, as well as content, design and management of the Institute website.
4) Organizes and produces twice-weekly Institute email newsletters, among other audience outreach.
5) Assists in media relations and Speaker Series event coverage and staffing.
6) Supports strategic engagement with students, alumni, partners and communityÂ members.
7) Handles organization of Institute CRM system, including data management and analysis.
8) Produces and distributes IOP annual reports and surveys.
9) Assists in building new IOP alumni network, including lead role in alumni engagement.
1) Exceptional time management and organizational skills including the ability to meet external and internal deadlines.
2) Knowledge of digital communications best practices including website development, social media, data maintenance, and email marketing.
3) Excellent communications skills for the effective delivery of the Instituteâ™s vision, mission and brand.
4) Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office, as well as social media and CMS/CRM tools.
5) Experience in production of marketing and communication materials; website coding and graphic design experience.
6) Ability to meet tight external and internal deadlines.
7) Entrepreneurial, creative thinking about how to improve the Instituteâ™s communications and outreach efforts.
8) Knowledge of and passion for multi-channel communications and marketing, complemented by a robust interest in politics (local, national and international),Â and an ability to build relationships across diverse constituencies and communities.
9) Proven ability to be a valuable part of a team.
1) Bachelorâ™s degree, preferably in journalism, public relations, marketing, English or related field.
1) Experience in Communications or related field.
1) Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Office, as well as social media and CMS/CRM tools.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06435
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.