The Nursing Operations Coordinator (NOC) I is responsible for providing administrative support for a nursing department and assisting with coordinating assigned projects and programs. This includes assisting with/supporting: development, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation. The NOC I also provides assistance/support for: coordinating administrative activities related to assigned projects/programs; event planning and implementation; managing the project/program logistics; coordinating meetings, conferences, educational activities, and other related events; developing and dissemination of program/project materials; communication for project/program; data collection, collating, and reporting; and the coordination of and/or development and maintenance of databases to support program/project activities. Additionally the NOC I may assist in: conducting literature reviews to support project/program activities; and maintaining websites related to assigned project/program.
The NOC I assists in providing administrative support to the department and actively supports/assists facilitation of departmental operations and goal attainment.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure:
a. Associate Degree four plus (4+) years applicable experience OR ten plus (10+) years commensurate experience required; b. Bachelors Degree with two (2) years applicable experience OR ten (10) years experience with operations and program support and completion of approved technical college training course(s) preferred.
2. Work Experience: Four (4) years advanced secretarial or two to three (2-3) years in office management position; work history in medical/educational related environment preferred. Program/project management experience preferred. LVN experience preferred.
3. Equipment Operated: Various office equipment: fax machines, computers, printers, copiers, scanners, etc.
1. Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking) On occasion Bilingual Skills Required: No Language(s): English Required Writing /Composing (Correspondence/ Reports)
2. Other Skills: Analytical, CRT, Dictation/Transcription, Medical Terms, Mathematics, PC, Research, Statistical, Typing (60 wpm), Word Proc.
3. Work Schedule: Flexible
Internal Number: 147290
About Harris Health System
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.