1. Minnesota HOSA Operations Management. Responsible for leading the Minnesota HOSA operations in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission. Fulfills the Board of Directors organization mission by managing operations and strategically planning thus allowing the Board to focus on results and visioning for the future. Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and Minnesota HOSA stakeholders and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board and Minnesota HOSA stakeholders to function properly and to make informed decisions. Fulfill all obligations and requirements for membership in International HOSA.
2. Minnesota HOSA Fiscal Management. Responsible for ensuring the financial health of the Minnesota HOSA organization. Ensures fiscal integrity by preparing and presenting proposed annual budgets and financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization to the Board. Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position. Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Minnesota HOSA's mission. This position will identify and secure external funding through contracts, grants, or donations.
3. Minnesota HOSA Resource Management. Oversee and implement appropriate resources statewide. Provide expert guidance on policies, procedures and practices to HOSA Chapter Advisors. Provide ongoing communications to the Regional Advisors. Recruit, train, determine work plans, supervise, and approve timesheets of student workers, interns, and volunteers. Negotiate and sign all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the Minnesota HOSA organization. Participate in the planning, coordination and implementation of all statewide HOSA activities including the Fall Leadership Development Academy, the State Leadership Conference, and the New Officer Training. Organize the Minnesota HOSA Delegation at the International Conference and assist National HOSA as needed. Oversee registration and transportation for the State Officers to attend Regional, State, and National conferences. Responsible for travel reports and Perkins Grant reports. Participates the preparation and/or procuring of marketing literature and materials for Minnesota HOSA, including brochures and press releases. Attends annual State Advisor's Management Conference and Washington Leadership Academy with State Officers.
4. Partnership Development. Develop and maintain effective relationships with key organizations that support or have synergies with HOSA and HealthForce Minnesota. Working with MFSO (Minnesota Foundation for Student Organizations), HealthForce Minnesota Partnership Council, Minnesota Department of Education, Minnesota Workforce Center System, Minnesota K-12 and higher education institutions. Identify and share best practices across all constituents; understand and identify barriers and solutions; identify new initiatives; and advocate for change. Participate in ad-hoc short-term committees to develop and implement programs.
5. Perform other duties as assigned. Ensure the smooth functioning of the department and maintain the reputation of HOSA, HealthForce Minnesota and Winona State University.
* Bachelor's Degree. * Four (4) years of experience in organizational development, project management, and facilitation and collaboration with multiple constituencies and organizations. * Program management knowledge sufficient to run a statewide non-profit organization, including operations, finance, and resources. * Project management knowledge sufficient to oversee multiple events, HOSA chapters, planning committees, partners, and attendees. * Partnership development knowledge sufficient to grow Minnesota HOSA, including new HOSA chapters, funding, and resources. * Demonstrated experience in presentations and group facilitation. * Ability to effectively utilize technology in conducting business (i.e.: Microsoft Office and virtual meeting/conference call applications). * Must have a valid driver's license. * Must be able to travel overnight.
* Master's degree. * Knowledge in the area of K-16 statewide outreach for student organizations and career and technical education. * Knowledge of K-16 student organizations, curriculum development, and implementation. * Knowledge of university and educational systems, student organizations, school curriculum, K-16 school programs, career and technical education. * Knowledge of federal and state policies that apply to student organizations, health science curriculum, and career and technical education sufficient to ensure adherence and compliance. * Demonstrated ability in working with diverse populations. * Strong oral, written interpersonal and electronic communication skills sufficient to prepare messages and materials for diverse audiences and clearly explain, discuss, and present.
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE : In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check. Institution: WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY Eeo Notice: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Internal Number: 18737
About WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.