This position will support the design and administration of the LTV and other NPV models in conjunction with the Enterprise Analytics Office. This role will support the governance of the assumptions and development of these models.
The position will support the development of a pricing governance system including the supporting analytic models and presentation materials.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides financial consultation, planning and analysis for a major business operations (state, product, business unit, etc. ). Coordinates the development of operational forecasts and budgets. Reports on financial income, loss and expense measures. Serves as key member of leadership team.
RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Director/Officer. Typically does not have direct reports but may manage up to 6 Analysts and Specialists on special projects/studies. May be responsible for matrix reporting relationships or virtual teams
1. Prepares and presents operational budgets based on actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenues, losses, expense forecasts and other factors. Analyzes actual operational results in relationship to plan, allowable, past experience and long range objectives.
2. Participates, as a member of the management team, in managing to competitive position, including management to loss and expense objectives. As a valued business partner, identifies key operational issues though proactive and insightful analysis, and timely and focused reporting around financial income, loss and expense measures.
3. Prepares and presents financial forecasts, including the analysis of trends and the evaluation of resulting recommendations. Works with senior management to assist in implementing chosen recommendation(s).
4. Prepares and presents a variety of reports detailing the status of revenue, loss and expenses including unit and activity costs. Identities trends, highlights variances and recommends adjustments in programs and processes to management as they relate to financial targets.
5. Prepares and presents to leadership a variety of reports entailing the status of revenue, loss and expenses including unit and activity costs. Identifies trends, highlights variances and recommends adjustments in programs and processes as they related to financial targets.
6. Participates, as a member of the leadership team, in managing to premium, loss and expense objectives. As a value business partner, identifies key operations issues through proactive and insightful analysis, and timely and focused reporting around financial income, loss and expense measures.
7. Serves as liaison between assigned business unit leadership and staff financial function. Facilitates planning activities and coordinates with both functional and other offices. Provides functional advice or training to less experienced financial analysts and project team members.
8. Prepares complex forecasts, including the analysis of trends and the evaluation of best practices resulting in strategic recommendations. Reviews the impact of variances from plan and assesses the need to update the long-term plans or the development of corrective plans.
9. Analyzes actual operational results in relationship to plan, allowable, past experience and long-range objectives. Assists the business operations in the over-all responsibility for attaining profit and growth.
10. Conducts financial orientation and training to business operations to build their understanding of financials and to help them link their actions to the results.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in finance, economics, accounting or statistics; advanced degree in financial field is desirable
Designations: CPA preferred.
Experience: Eight years financial experience including financial analysis, planning, forecasting, actuarial or auditing. Insurance industry background desirable. Prefer at least three years project leadership, management or supervisor experience.
Knowledge: In-depth knowledge of statistical/financial analysis, financial statement and budget preparation. In-depth knowledge of GAAP and statutory accounting practices and insurance/financial services business requirements. Project management concepts and techniques. Prefer familiarity with specific state, product or business unit operations.
Skills/Competencies: Oral and written communication skills for internal and external contacts. Excellent analytical ability to interpret complex financial information. Excellent comfort level around senior management to make appropriate recommendations. Ability to operate personal computer and related financial and business software. Ability to lead and motivate project and special studies teams.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: VP, and HR Consultant.
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (Exempt).
Working Conditions: Normal working c onditions. May involve frequent travel between different regions. Must be able to work outside of the normal work day including occasional weekends to meet deadlines and complete special projects. Must be able to handle a high volume/large variety of work within strict deadlines and the related stress.
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to be principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Internal Number: 59523
Imagine a place where you do meaningful work every day. Where the effort you put in is acknowledged and rewarded. Where your sense of purpose is discovered and fostered. Where you can be your very best self. You’ve found that place in Nationwide. We are America’s most diversified financial services organization. We’re trusted advisers for our members, offering solutions like home and auto insurance, life insurance, retirement savings tools such as annuities and mutual funds as well as business insurance, pet insurance and identify theft protection. Join something great, where you can make a difference!