AMETEK Land (Land Instruments International) is the world leader in the design and application of infrared temperature measurement for industry. AMETEK Land is known as both innovators and manufacturers of high quality precision radiation thermometers and thermometer systems; AMETEK Land's position is unrivaled with over 60 years experience in temperature measurement. Land products are used extensively in applications as diverse as steel, glass, electronics, mineral processing, power generation, utility and aircraft gas turbines, and a wide range of other industries. Ongoing development creates products for new applications and the continuous improvement of an expanding product range
Our Combustion & Environmental section specializes in the design, manufacture and marketing of combustion and environmental monitoring instrumentation. Pioneered by an initial interest in the efficiency of coal fired combustion processes, serious development of CO monitors soon established Land Instruments International as world leaders in this field.
Our team in Pittsburgh, PA is looking for an Field Service Engineer to join our team. The idea candidate will be able to:
•Timely and professionally handle field service calls and issues arising from the field service visits, triage with customer service as appropriate• Interface with cross function work teams such as product management, customer service, manufacturing, and marketing/sales.
• Primary responsibilities include complete support of the LAND Instruments products, field repairs.
• Assure complete customer satisfaction and department profitability, including making travel arrangements for local and international field service visits.
• When the engineer is not in the field, this individual is expected to support the LAND lab by working on customer RMAs and repairing product.
• Customer telephone support when in the field and in the lab in the areas of quoting instrument retrofits complete with instructions, quote repair cost to customers and provide customer Calibration/troubleshooting assistance.
• Timely complete and submit all required paperwork.
• Communicate with the customer to ensure satisfaction and implement any necessary corrective actions.
• Be able to work in a CRM environment.
• Must be well organized and able to work independently
• Prior Field Service experience desired
• Ability to work under customer scrutiny is a must in this position
• Daily communication with supervisor required (phone, email and/or texting)
•Must be able to keep field work schedule updated for management and accounting
Position Requirements: • Minimum high school education or equivalent certificate, A.S. degree in electronics, equivalent military training, or prior work experience with a solid understanding of electronics. • Working knowledge of Ms Office, Excel • Must be capable of troubleshooting analog, digital, and microprocessor electronics and vacuum systems. • Must be familiar with the use of required test equipment including DVM, oscilloscope, soldering iron and associated wiring/mechanical tools. • Must be capable of handling tools and material as heavy as 75 pounds. • Must be capable of performing job duties outdoors requiring exposure to weather conditions. Must be available and capable to travel by air, land and sea using commercial means of transportation. Required climbing heights of 250 feet. The job has restrictions regarding facial hair for safety reasons. • Due to AMETEK's participation with third party health and safety organizations, all service colleagues are required to register with AMETEK's partnering organizations to facilitate servicing our customers.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.