How do you see yourself today? Are you looking for that unique opportunity where you can make a difference in the lives of the patients you serve on a daily basis? MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience.
Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance, and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.
You are unlike others at this point in your career. You are looking to build a profession with an organization that is purposeful and whose values drive actions – from prioritizing care of our associates and our patients, to connecting the knowledge of our talented teams to our patients’ needs, and doing so in a fun, inclusive environment, working as one collaborative team.
We are in search of that unique individual who is inspired by a career focused on helping others and providing quality care while continuously growing professionally and improving MyEyeDr. in meaningful ways. If this is you, we encourage you to apply so you can get your journey started with MyEyeDr. where you can help people see, look, and be their very best.
The Real Estate Manager position is a mid-level growth position in MyEyeDr’s Real Estate Department. This person will continually work towards ensuring and negotiating assignments, as well as optimizing the existing real estate portfolio through renewals, extensions and developing the team to meet future needs.
• 4-year degree in Real Estate or related field required
Job Skills, Knowledge, Abilities
• Knowledge and experience in negotiations of real estate acquisitions, assignment, amendment and lease process as well as real estate contract law. Proficient in data base and real estate project management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively communicate information
• Experienced at compiling and following strict Budgets
• Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in fast paced environments
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to make decisions based on data
• Proficient in using mapping/GIS or analytic software, i.e. Buxton
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Results oriented mindset with a strong drive and determination to meet company goals
• Highly computer literate; Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint
• Proven ability to develop team members professionally
• Ability to motivate team members
• Strong strategic thinking abilities
• Proven ability to handle interpersonal conflict
Working Conditions • Must be able to travel as needed.
• Access information using a computer.
• Effectively communicate with others.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality are essential.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in commercial Real Estate and demonstrated ability to negotiate assignments, extensions, sub-leases and leases
Essential Duties and Responsibilities • Analyze assignment leases to determine & negotiate desired business terms for MED
• Determining hiring needs, overseeing assignment of employees and develop team members for growth.
• Planning Staff Development and performing annual and monthly reviews.
• Supervise the work of team members and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Continue to ensure portfolio occupancy costs remain at 6-7%, through re-negotiation of extensions and renewals.
• Continue to Develop and cultivate relationships with Landlords (third party & member owned), as well as outside attorneys, brokers and internal partners (Operations, Acquisitions, Accounting) to ensure that MED is making the best long-term Real Estate decisions.
• Visit trade areas when needed to ascertain best location for MyEyeDr (Greenfield, relocations) and own the entire development process; i.e. site selection, LOI negotiations, Lease negotiation, entitlement and coordinate n with Landlord & Construction until opening
• Manage, Train or guide the work of other team members; Real Estate Coordinator, Facilities Specialist
• Obtain and track Landlord approval for signage and convey to Sign vendors & Facilities Manager for installation
• Work with analysts/accounting on P & L analysis
• Responsible for preparing & presenting monthly Real Estate and update meetings in conjunction with Senior Director of Real Estate
• Responsible for early termination and premise handover letter as well as coordinates handover of Premises between MyEyeDr(Operations) and Landlord
• Prepare regular status report to Senior Director regarding lease expiration dates and status of assignments.
• Develops business relationships through membership and participations in professional, industry/trade and civic organizations. (ICSC)
• Complete analyses and reports as requested.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
MyEyeDr. is a high-growth, premier healthcare company: a total vision care concept with a unique retail experience. Our trusted community doctors and knowledgeable teams are all focused on helping our patients live their best lives by delivering an exceptional, personalized experience to each of our patients in every interaction. Our business model is unlike others in the industry: we make healthcare accessible by welcoming all insurance, and providing a great selection of stylish eyewear that meets the diverse needs of our patients.