At M&GPrudential our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we're looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We're digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we're looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
The M&G Prudential Risk and Compliance function:
· Assists the Board to formulate, implement and monitor adherence to the Risk Appetite and Limit framework, risk management plans, risk policies, risk reporting and risk identification processes;
· Provides guidance, tools and technology and reviews and assesses the risk taking activities of, the first line of defence, where appropriate challenging the actions being taken to manage and control risks; and,
· Provides the Board with an aggregate view of M&G Prudential's risk profile and supports them in identifying and assessing key and emerging risks which threaten the achievement of M&G Prudential's objectives.
· The Enterprise Risk Management function is part of the M&G Prudential Risk and Compliance's Central Office. It maintains the overall Risk Management Framework and is responsible for a range of enterprise-wide risk management processes, reporting into Board, Board Committees, Executive Committees and sub-committees thereof.
· The Risk Consultant is a risk subject matter expert who works in close partnership with stakeholders across M&G Prudential Risk and Compliance and the business to fulfil the enterprise-wide processes.
· To work collaboratively with colleagues and take personal accountability to maintain and enhance controls you are responsible for to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction in M&G Prudential's operational risk.
· To support the development and maintenance of the Risk Management Framework, including risk policies and standards, and advise on the attestation against policy requirements in line with the Group Governance Framework.
· To support the bottom-up, top-down and emerging risk processes.
· To advise on and support the implementation of Solvency II Pillar 2 processes for which the team is responsible.
· To operate the process for producing Committee MI for which the team is responsible.
· To support the coordination and production of regulatory disclosures, including ORSA, ICAAP, Solvency and Financial Condition Reports and Regular Supervisory Reports.
· To advise Finance on content relating to risks and uncertainties in the annual report and accounts of the Company's legal entities.
Knowledge & Experience:
Working knowledge of:
· Industry best practices and good network/links with individuals and external bodies desirable.
· Financial services regulatory and legislatory frameworks, including Solvency II, desirable.
· Life, Pensions and Investment products, markets and competitors essential.
· Risk methodologies and frameworks essential.
· M&G Prudential products, systems and distribution methods.
· Actuarial or financial risk experience required.
· Liaising, influencing and negotiating effectively with internal parties and external parties essential.
· Providing input on regulatory/business developments desirable.
· ICAAP and ORSA desirable.
· Risk Identification – bottom-up, top risks and emerging risks desirable.
· Taking broad spectrum data and presenting to senior management
· Asset management and insurance markets, and how regulations are applied, essential.
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Closing Date: 30/8/19
At M&GPrudential Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people.We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.
Internal Number: 6321525
About M&G Group
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.