The Communications Assistant provides necessary support for the Director of Communications and the Communications Manager as directed. The Communications Assistant will act as a liaison between the Communications team and the offices and departments it serves, provide essential proofreading services for all printed and digital communications from the School, manage team and production calendars, and assist with web editing and financial processing. Other duties as assigned.
● Copyedits all print and digital communications, ensuring that they align with the School's style guide
● Fields daily email inquiries and on behalf of the Communications team
● Handles all Communications team forms and writes responses
● Manages scheduling for the Communications Director, Manager, Photographer, and Media Fellows
● Manages the vitrine schedule
● Using exceptional organizational skills, maintains complex production and marketing calendars and provides regular reminders to Communications team members and clients
● Submits print orders and coordinates delivery/pickup schedules with printers and clients
● Maintains the Communications media archive
● Backs up the Communications Manager with web edits
● Oversees, appraises and distributes assignments to 1-2 administrative fellows each year
● Makes purchases on behalf of the Communications team and reconciles the team's p-card
● Provides general additional support as needed
Bachelor's degree and/or its equivalent required. Two years of related experience, also required. Demonstrated superior customer service and interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills required. Strong organizational, skills required. Must demonstrate strong computer abilities and excellent proofreading/editing skills. Must be able to work under pressure on concurrent projects and minimal supervision. Overseas travel is required. Willingness to work some evening and weekend hours required.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.
Internal Number: 502334
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.