JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is aleading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion andoperations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financialservices for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financialtransaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow JonesIndustrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers inthe United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate,institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands.Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
As a Market Infrastructure Risk Manager inthe CIB Credit Risk - Market Infrastructure Risk team, you will be responsiblefor the assessment, approval, and monitoring of membership risks arising fromFirm's direct memberships of Financial Market Infrastructures ("FMIs"): CentralSecurities Depositories ("CSDs") and Payment Systems.
Typical Job Duties in MarketInfrastructure Risk:
· Manage a complex and diverseglobal, cross-regional portfolio of Payment Systems and CSDs.
· Define and develop the riskassessment criteria, templates and risk methodology for conducting FMImembership risk assessments.
· Define and implement on-goingmonitoring and governance requirements for FMI membership risks.
· Perform annual membership riskassessments of direct FMI memberships, identifying and reporting key risks andexposures to J.P. Morgan Line of Business ("LOB") stakeholders, and other keycross-functional partners.
· Represent Credit Risk inApplicability Assessments ("AAs') and new business initiatives ("NBI"), toevaluate and identify risks associated with new / prospective FMI memberships.
· Participate in and contribute toRisk and LOB governance committees and forums related to FMIs; FMI RiskReviews, Payment System and CSD Governance Forums, Network Steering Committee,etc.
· Own and maintain FMI Risk policiesand Guidelines
· Provide global, cross-function /LOB risk and governance advisory and consultancy support on Payment, Clearingand Settlement ("PCS") related activities and initiatives.
· Present key updates on membershiprisks and controls to senior management
· Work with LOBs and other keycross-functional partners to ensure J.P. Morgan's compliance with regulatoryguidance, such as OCC Banking Circulars and Interpretive Letters.
· Prepare and deliver FMI Risktraining.
· Work closely with NetworkManagement, LOB Product Management, and other key functional partnersto identify and mitigate risks arising from FMI memberships supporting custody,securities clearance and settlement, and payments services globally.
· Work on special projects and initiatives asneeded (e.g. regulatory requests / examinations, recovery & resolutionplanning, etc.).
Financial services background, with at least 5years relevant experience in the industry
Familiarity with J.P. Morgan LOBs andactivities, securities and payments related clearing and settlement practices,and international banking concepts
Experience in interacting with cross-functional/ regional partners, and senior management across the organization
Analytical skills; ability to understand risksand their drivers, ability to analyze and articulate risk views.
Ability to lead and direct the risk agenda
Ability to prioritize and deal with multipletasks in a fast paced and evolving environment
Effective project management skills, ability tocontribute to enhancements in processes, controls, and systems
Time management, problem solving,organizational and planning skills
Solid written and verbal communication andpresentation skills; strong influencing skills.
Ability to develop partnerships and work withdifferent teams interacting across all levels of the organization
Ability to make informed, balanced decisionsand effectively represent J.P. Morgan
Knowledgeof J.P. Morgan's risk management organization, policies, and systems preferred
Internal Number: 6309536
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.