The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is accountable to ensure efficient, reliable, and available technology service delivery to the Digitization stakeholders. The SDM provides governance and support for Digitization to ensure system availability. The incumbent is the prime interface for relationship management as it relates to day-to-day service. The SDM is accountable for providing direct and indirect management of Digitization service providers to ensure efficient, reliable, and available technology operations service delivery to business partner groups. The SDM oversees service availability and service improvement plans on behalf of business partners to ensure that Service Level Agreement commitments are met.
Maintains an understanding of all major problems, issues, trends, and changes in the supported environments.
Partners with Technology, Product Operations, LOB executives and senior management to ensure awareness of service issues, trends, and mitigation plans.
Continuously seeks improvement opportunities to ensure service availability and Digitization platform expectations are managed and met.
Facilitates effective working relationships between Digitization & technology partners through value-added representation of each business groups service needs, priorities, and issues..
7/24/365 on call requirement in support of major incidents coupled with MIRT participation
Tracks incidents to ensure root cause is identified, mitigation plans are in place and summaries provided to business partners.
Governs control mechanisms for reliable and available service to Digitization Platform in accordance with SLA's
Acts as escalation point for systemic customer satisfaction issues in Digitization groups
Implements standards for technical documentation, incident and problem management, and management reporting
Is responsible for ensuring continuity, availability, and service restoration
Expedites timely, efficient, and effective resolution of service issues in order to optimize reliability and availability of systems
Represents CIO Teams at client's Executives/Senior Management committees and meetings to ensure responsive and comprehensive understanding of issues and opportunities
Recommends integrated solutions and opportunities to CIO's and their Senior Managers to increase quality of service and client satisfaction
Accountable to ensure timely and effective resolution of service issues for Digitization to optimize availability and reliability of service
Contributes to BMO Financial Group's overall business results by making recommendations that significantly improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 10+ years' experience in operations management position
- General knowledge of Bank's technical environments and supported applications
- Displays expert knowledge of Bank technology standards and guidelines
- Demonstrates advanced experience in service level agreements management and vendor relations
- Is able to achieve results that meet both short and long term business objectives
- Exhibits a proven track record in achieving or exceeding objectives
- Maintains an advanced understanding of the T&O organization and stays abreast of the current organizational state
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of ITIL framework; Problem Management, Change Management, Incident, Configuration, Release Management and Service Level Management.
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is able to effectively persuade, convince, and negotiate with influence in order to support platform objective
- Good understanding of statistical and analytical principles and processes.
- Practical application of ITSM operational processes.
- Proven ability to manage in crisis situations and work under high stress conditions
- Demonstrates expert problem solving skills
- Illustrates expert planning and project management skills
- Exhibits advanced leadership skills
- Is highly motivated and adaptable
This role requires 7/24/365 availability. There is a frequent requirement for planned and unplanned, off-hour (weekend, evening, and night) work, in certain cases for extended periods, under high stress conditions. The role requires travel to the different sites across the designated geographical area.
We're here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Internal Number: 6280227
About Bank of Montreal
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.