Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website .
DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application .
Job Description Summary
**This position is located in the Wake Forest Charlotte Center in Charlotte, North Carolina.**
The College LAUNCH for Leadership Program Manager is a visionary leader who can inspire and impact high-achieving, high school students from diverse communities with the aim of harnessing their untapped potential and creating pathways towards college and success in the future. Wake Forest Pre-College Programs seeks a Program Manager who is passionate about driving the evolution of the program to scale; with the ultimate aim of transforming the way students are prepared for college and life. Specifically, the Program Manager will develop a dynamic, year-long curriculum and implement instruction, oversee student recruitment and engagement, and build partnerships with schools, districts and community partners. The position serves as an ambassador for Wake Forest Pre-College Programs and will constantly strive to build relationships with new school/district/community partners. The Program Manager is a creative and ambitious individual who will constantly generate ideas and implement ways to further support students, families and grow the College LAUNCH for Leadership Program.
You are a strong candidate for this role if you:
* Have led teams of educators and/or staff to realize excellent results for students
* Have contributed to the national conversation about education reform
* Have hands-on experience working with schools, school systems, and their leaders
* Possess your own sense of entrepreneurial curiosity and passion for implementing ideas
* Believe there is tremendous power in building robust partnerships between schools, communities, businesses, and nonprofit organizations to ensure that all students have exciting and enriching educational opportunities that prepare them for the 21st-century economy and to be active citizens of the world.
* Have a track record of achieving outstanding outcomes for young people
Essential Functions: College LAUNCH for Leadership Program
* Manage and facilitate the College LAUNCH for Leadership Program in Charlotte, NC and Winston-Salem, NC
* Ensure successful implementation of the College LAUNCH Program including year-round development as well as Saturday Summits, September-May in Charlotte and Winston-Salem, NC
* Receive, review and admit qualified students annually
* Provide consistent communication via phone and email with students, families, and counselors from time of application through their transition into the program
* Develop content and curriculum that promotes social justice awareness and advocacy, career exploration, college preparation and leadership development
* Utilize database management system to create and update the College LAUNCH application each application cycle and track students from inquiry to application to registration
* Track College LAUNCH students and alumni data to and through college
* Oversee student leadership projects Youth Participatory Action Research
* Coordinate and present events such as College LAUNCH Graduation, Senior Signing Day, Discovery Wake Forest Day and College LAUNCH Interview Day.
* Develop a strong brand, voice, and presence for the College LAUNCH for Leadership Program in North Carolina to attract underrepresented, first-generation, college-bound students
* Develop and implement a successful marketing and recruiting campaign to attract potential students to ensure the College LAUNCH Program meets the desired enrollment goal annually
* Design and deploy email, digital marketing and social media campaigns and a monthly informational newsletter
* Create and design web content and update website, as needed
* Create and update marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, the annual report and program guide
* Create emails that embody and express the Wake Forest Pre-College Programs brand, tone and values
* Copywrite and publish content for all major social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn
* Deliver enthusiastic and educational presentations to individuals and groups in high schools and at events within an assigned market
* Completes grant and foundation applications for funding on a consistent basis, continuously looks for ways to partner with additional donors and partnerships with community organizations
* Embody the values of Wake Forest Pre-College Programs
Continued Essential Functions:Summer Immersion Program
* June - August assist with the daily activities, and implementation of the Summer Immersion Program in Charlotte and Winston-Salem, NC.
* Facilitate team building and evening activities for high school students and respond to emergency/ crisis and facility-related issues
* Deliver enthusiastic and educational presentations for recruitment to individuals, groups in high schools and at events within an assigned market
* Assist in implementing the overall marketing and recruitment campaign to attract potential students to ensure the Summer Immersion Program meets the desired enrollment goal annually
* Assist with other assignments as needed
** Cover letter required for all positions and optional for facilities, campus services, and hospitality positions unless otherwise specified.
Additional Job Description
Required Education, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Master's Degree in a related field, required
* Demonstrated knowledge in program development and implementation
* Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
* Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing deadlines
* Demonstrated problem solver
* Detail-oriented team player
* Ability to work autonomously, as well as in a cooperative and collaborative manner
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information
* Required to work two Saturdays per month, to facilitate the College LAUNCH for Leadership program (September - May)
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Applications, and other software packages
* Highly organized; ability to plan ahead to maximize efficiency based on available resources
* Ability to travel domestically for work-related assignments
Time Type Requirement
Full time Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Offering the personal attention of a small liberal arts college, coupled with the breadth and global relevancy of a leading research institution, Wake Forest claims the distinction of being the nation's premier collegiate university. Wake Forest is consistently ranked among the top 30 universities in the nation. Our mission is to educate the whole person, graduating students who seek purpose-filled lives while building a community dedicated to serving humanity in the spirit of our motto, Pro Humanitate.