1) Support Customer Service Department with resolving Client/Customer questions related distribution & shipping.
2) Develop and maintain KPIâ™s associated with order management, inventory, distribution and returns performance. This includes order metrics (turnaround time, backlog and batch cycles) and inventory metrics (capacity & excess) as well as labor planning and employee performance analysis.
3) Responsible for dispute resolution (charge backs) with major trading partners (i.e. Amazon & B&N).
4) Analyze monthly warehouse cost and freight revenue.
5) Assist in developing quarterly forecast and annual budgets.
6) Analyze digital print activity including vendor compliance with contractual terms (i.e. pricing).
1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
2) Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively and tactfully with authors, vendors, and members of Press staff.
3) Demonstrated ability to multitask and work in a highly productive environment.
4) Excellent organizational skills.
5) Excellent time management skills required, including the ability to multi-task with minimum supervision and meet overlapping deadlines.
6) Meticulous attention to detail.
7) Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
8) Excellent computer skills in PC environment and knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
1) General office with some exposure to warehouse environment.
1) Bachelor's degree required in a relevant field or with relevant experience.
1) 3+ years of distribution/warehouse related experience.
Technical Knowledge, Skills or Certifications
1) Proficient in Excel, Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
2) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR06053
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.