The DPO will be responsible for ensuring we protect our data in the best way possible. They will be a key business person that champions the value of data in the future success of our organisation. They should live and breathe data cleanliness, integrity and quality and own programmes of continuous improvement. This individual will communicate requirements for Data Protection to Octopus, including being responsible for Data Protection policies, and interactions with the ICO.
About the role
- Take overall responsibility for leading Data Protection compliance (GDPR + DPA 2018) across the Octopus Group (Data Protection Officer), including policies and procedures.Chairing the Data Protection Committee
- Lead and drive implementation of Data Governance within Octopus, including training, educating and inspiring the teams
- Prioritise and oversee a programme of work to improve data quality. Identify changes/new processes for the use of data in conjunction with the Data Analytics Team, IT, and Info Security.
- Contribute to a group-wide data strategy, which forms a part of a business transformation programme including the sign-off of Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Imagine and communicate opportunities to use our data in different ways to drive benefit for our customers and our business
What you'll need to be successful:
- A collaborative passionate leader demonstrating excellent communication skills to a variety of audiences
- An Understanding of GDPR from the rules through to the practical implementation of them
- Must be comfortable using technology and leveraging digital applications and media platforms And to really stand out from the crowd: - Successfully performed this role in another organisation
- Be fun and self - motivated with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be curious and seek to learn and improve whilst instilling automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate
Internal Number: 6266372
About Octopus Investments
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.