Director of Ancillary Services, Antioch, CA - Job Details | Indeed.com
Epic Care is seeking an experienced Director of Ancillary Services to report directly to the Director of Operations and the Medical Directors for Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Works closely with the other clinical Service Line Managers to ensure seamless operations and sharing of joint resources.
• Effectively manages the Radiation Oncology and Imaging Department across all locations to provide the highest level of service and availability for Epic Care, as well as externally referred patients.
• Works closely with Centralized Services and Revenue Cycle Departments to ensure appropriate levels of authorizations and coding/collections.
• Responsible for the development, maintenance and operational enforcement of all departmental SOPs, Job Descriptions, and Policies/Procedures.
• Responsible for safety and staff education on safety, and works with HR to ensure all staff has access to safety training to ensure a safe and compliant workplace.
• Works directly with the Radiation Safety Officer to ensure that all processes, procedures and record keeping is maintained to ensure compliance and safe handling of materials used in Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
• Works with Information Technology to ensure that the highest level of technology is applied to the handling and storage of digital data and final reports, including PACS and other technology in place to deliver images and retrieve/store results as needed by the ordering physicians.
• Continually looks for new ways to integrate technology to improve quality, reduce costs and remain compliant.
• In collaboration with Medical Director, runs/moderates all Departmental meetings and provides status reports to the Director of Operations.
• Works in conjunction with the Service Line Director for Radiation Oncology to ensure the Radiation Oncology workflow and operational needs for simulation are provided.
• Establishes, tracks and makes decisions based on KPIs for Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
• As managed by the Director of Operations and the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), participates in supporting the strategic direction of the Radiation Oncology and Imaging departments. This includes participating in decisions related to the acquisition of new hardware, software, maintenance contracts and relevant upgrades providing recommendations to the executive management.
• Works with relevant Epic Care systems and HR to manage the salaries and metrics for all staff in the Radiation Oncology and Imaging Departments; and uses the Deliverables systems to produce periodic reporting on staffing to be reviewed monthly the Director of Operations.
• Responsible for recruitment/retention of Radiation Oncology and Imaging staff (i.e., candidate screening/selection, travel/interview logistics, inclusion of appropriate staff and physicians in the interview process, and contacting professional references).
• Works with the Site Managers, Medical Directors of Radiation Oncology and Imaging Service Lines, and the Director of Operations to prepare the operating budget for each Department’s operational budget. Uses departmental financial information to monitor and explain variances from established budgetary parameters, and uses the Deliverables system, monitors and regulates volumes to personnel and machine availability to ensure the most cost effective levels of quality service for patients and providers.
• Maintains Compliance with all Applicable Regulations and Certifications; ensures that all departmental recordkeeping is in compliance with all regulatory and governmental requirements.
• As necessary, works directly with Radiation Oncology and Imaging patients and families to discuss problems and initiate positive actions toward resolutions.
• Responsible for developing and updating onboarding program for new hires.
• Responsible for all process improvement activities within Radiation Oncology and Imaging.
• B.S. or B.A. Required; masters preferred
• 5 years supervisory/management experience and demonstrated leadership ability
• Familiarity with Radiation Oncology and Imaging (PET/CT and MRI) operations; Radiation Therapist, Physicist, Dosimetrist or Imaging Technician preferred
• Familiarity with Office Automation tools for Data Collection and Reporting
• Familiarity with Lean process improvement tools;
• Demonstrated evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ideal candidates will have experience in Radiation Oncology and Imaging ,strategic growth plans, operations, financial and business activities.The Service Line Operations Manager for Radiation Oncology and Imaging will direct the Director of Medical Physics, Chief Radiation Therapist and Lead Imaging Technician to ensure compliance, quality, safety, and standardization by creating and enforcing standard operating procedures aimed at best practice implementation.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: :
Blue Shield and Kaiser Medical Plans
Matching 401K retirement plan
Paid Time Off
Internal Number: 300
About Epic Care
Epic Care is currently seeking our next Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle to join our finance team. We are a dynamic healthcare organization committed to providing comprehensive, personalized, value-driven healthcare to our patients. We practice a multi-disciplinary approach through the full healthcare continuum and focus on value while delivering high quality care. Our centers are located throughout the Northern California East Bay Area in a convenient and friendly outpatient setting.
As the Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle, you will lead the overall strategy and optimization of revenue cycle operations, systems, policies and procedures to apply improvement to insurance eligibility processes, charges, claims, payments, collections and A/R, denials, and reporting of results and analysis. In additions, this position will oversee concurrent and retrospective auditing, proper coding, credentialing, insurance contract review, and customer service efforts related to revenue cycle activities.
Duties and responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
•Develops and implements RCM initiatives that achieve strategic goals consistent with the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Fin...ancial Officer's priorities and vision.
•Identifies and measures key performance indicators to promote output, performance management, and organizational growth
•Benchmarks the ongoing accounts receivables, and works with staff to improve performance when key indicators show benchmarks are not being attained?
•Creates and modifies policies and procedures to address customer needs, compliance, efficiency, and internal control requirements
•Evaluate performance of staff by establishing objectives and providing constructive feedback on a regular basis.
•Demonstrates effective problem-solving and action planning skills to improve internal and external operations.
•Skilled in leading change management to implement new and “best practice “approaches to business processes to improve customer service, operational
•effectiveness and financial outcomes.
•Performs trend analysis on third party payer payment levels to ensure that
•reimbursement is in accordance with allowable amounts stated in agreements and contracts. Works with appropriate individuals to resolve discrepancies.
•Communicates and implements new payer requirements that impact AR and ensures changes are appropriately communicated and trained with staff members.
•Serves as a subject-matter expert and may lead or facilitate task forces, teams,and/or workgroups to plan, implement and coordinate programs, services, and/or activities for the organization. May serve as a staff resource to the organization’s governing Board and/or applicable committees.
•Performs trend analysis on third party payer payment levels to ensure that reimbursement is in accordance with allowable amounts stated in agreements and contracts and works with appropriate individuals to resolve discrepancies.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications to be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/HealthCare/Business or other related field of study.
- At least 10 years relevant RC management experience at Director level or above
- At least 5 years multi-specialty medical group RC experience.
- Demonstrated experience with client-centered development and implementation, including operating P&Ps and process improvements.
The Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will exhibit strength of character to champion risk-taking and be a self-starter and self-motivated to bring our company into the future.