1)Work with all stakeholders to define and document the use cases and product requirements that will determine the success of the solution.
2) Translate product requirements into user stories and/or technical specifications.
3) Develop and write clear user stories and technical tasks in JIRA.
4) Provide other documentation as needed such as API specifications, process diagrams, and other models to clarify the desired solutions.
5) Work with the team leads, collaboratively using JIRA, to help prioritize stories, tasks and their dependencies to ensure a smooth agile process.
6) Provide input in test plans and participate in writing test cases, test execution and defect reporting to ensure that solutions implemented meet requirements and are both of high quality and operationally sustainable.
7) Self-managed approach to effectively gather and communicate project expectations in a clear and concise fashion to multiple stakeholders.
8) Timely escalation of any concerns, risks and issues pertaining to business analysis.
9) Support Agile project management processes as needed.
10) Participate in project meetings and provide insight as appropriate.
11) Documenting and reporting to project leadership and senior management.
1) Interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with technical staff, non-technical staff, all levels of management, and clients.
2) Detail-oriented and highly organized with outstanding problem-solving skills.
3) Work effectively in a fast-paced, changing environment.
4) Ability to generate wire-frames and flowcharts to accompany user stories or as a brainstorming aid.
1) Experience in technical role.
2) Experience with Agile methodology.
3) Experience with writing technical specifications.
4) Experience with business analysis and quality assurance professional standards, business processes, workflows, methodologies and leading practices.
5) Experience creating user stories from requirements.
6) Experience with JIRA project tracking software.
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05993
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.