The Product Management Director (PMD) will guide the Acquisition & Contracting (AC) product and service line. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products and services to developing new capabilities for the company. The PMD creates the portfolio strategy for the entire AC professional development curriculum including COTS courses, learning objects, and the identification of potential new products and services. This includes the business case for each new product or service, the vision of the product/service, expected return on investment, as well as partnering with independent contractors to support the development and launch of the new products.
Exposure and experience with the subject matters preferred, but not required. A balance of business and technical savvy is a key component of this role as well as a big-picture vision, and the ability to drive that vision to reality. You should enjoy spending time in the market to understand industry challenges, identifying innovative solutions, and participating in industry events as a thought leader and contributing to industry standards. This role requires cross-functional coordination and strong relationship management skills including the ability to work across learning and development teams, independent contractors and subject matter experts, as well as business operations. You will work with marketing and research to define the go-to-market and long-term marketing strategies, helping them understand the positioning, key benefits, and target audiences. You will also serve as the internal and external champion for the products, working with the sales channels and key customers, as well as representing Management Concepts as a thought leader at industry events.
The position reports to the VP of Strategy and Product Innovation.
The individual in this role will be responsible for:
Driving revenue growth for the AC products
Supporting integrated portfolio management and marketing strategy, defining, developing, and launching and new products and course content for the AC domain
Driving segmentation, targeted marketing, and market opportunity assessments
Defining the resources needed for delivery of products and services
Contributing to thought leadership by writing blogs, making presentations, and representing the AC domain at various industry events
Accompanying sales team on client calls (in-person or virtual) to discuss AC products and solutions
Influencing efficient deployment of the associated marketing budgets to maximize return on investment and return on objectives for the business
Messaging & positioning, competitive differentiation, and developing compelling storylines for taking products and services to market (both existing and new launches) through contributing to collateral, training materials, pitch decks, and other sales playbooks/tools
Contributing to and/or writing technical and business (pricing) responses for Requests for Quotes/Proposals
Managing day to day operations associated with the portfolio across internal and external stakeholders
Managing two direct reports
Desired Skills and Experience
A successful candidate will possess:
• BS/BA required. MBA, knowledge of Federal procurement process, or relevant field or job experience is plus
• A minimum of 3-5 years of product management, product development, or marketing experience, ideally in a solutions-oriented businesses
• Ability to root-cause challenges, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Understanding of financial concepts including P&L, balances sheets, and ROI models
• Ability to assess complex market landscape and create focused, integrated portfolio plan
• Excellent program/project management and execution skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to coordinate efforts cross-functionally to achieve positive end results
• Ability to adapt and respond appropriately to change
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively within a team
• A content and strategy orientation to marketing
• An individual with entrepreneurial orientation who is able to apply creative approaches to marketing innovative products and services
• Strong analytical and communications skills
The successful candidate will be a self-starter; adaptable, confident, intellectually curious and perceptive and with the desire to develop products and solutions that will build the skillsets and capabilities of the Management Concepts audience.
Management Concepts offers high-impact training designed to help individuals develop the skills, knowledge, and capabilities needed to succeed in today’s challenging work environment.
More than 330 courses and 14 certificate programs are available to the general public and offered at a number of cities throughout the United States, and these courses support a host of mandatory, elective, and continuous learning needs at every level of development.