The Center for Executive and Continuing Professional Education (ECPE) is tasked with developing, marketing, and delivering leading edge non-degree programs for the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health's Center for Executive and Continuing Professional Education, the Senior Manager will play a key role in overseeing the delivery of high quality executive education open enrollment and custom courses, developing department policies and procedures as part of the Senior Manager team, developing and mentoring Programming unit staff, and ensuring streamlined, efficient logistics and delivery based on standard operating procedures.
The position has the following major areas of focus:
1. Oversees and manages the day to day functions of the Programming unit, including timely workload scheduling, staff engagement, and mentoring and performance; directly and indirectly supervises seven unit staff; leads two programs per year and is expected to be fully knowledgeable on all program delivery processes, systems, database use, and reporting.
2. Ensures that all standard operating procedures, reports, documentation, and processes are implemented and maintained; identifies best practices and areas for improvement or efficiency bottlenecks, and develops solutions in collaboration with Programming staff or other Senior Managers as needed; manages unit budget and oversees program-specific expense management in collaboration with unit staff, provides accurate and timely reports to Finance, Project Management, Marketing and other units as requested; observes and reports on needed improvements to classroom or other teaching venues; develops good working relationships with Facilities, IT, Catering, and all other service departments at SPH; manages outside vendors as needed.
3. Assigns and reviews program workload assignments of Programming Unit staff for all open enrollment and custom programs on a timely basis; tracks workload level of effort, analyzes and reports on overtime, and predicts staffing needs based on projected new programs; provides workload and overtime reports on request; leads onboarding and training of all new unit staff, and assesses staff readiness and availability for new or challenging tasks; oversees and leads resolution customer service questions, in collaboration with Programming team and Senior Managers as needed.
4. Leads key ACCME accreditation process and reporting, and oversees program accreditation review and approval; advises on necessary process changes, documentation, reporting or staffing in order to maintain accreditation for School; acts as key department liaison on all Education and Research Center (ERC) programs and reporting; lead author of all written reports and proposals related to ACCME; tracks and reports on all continuing education unit (CEU) activity annually.
5. Calendars all open enrollment and custom programs and confirms program dates from year to year; maintains department Program Calendar, ensuring that all program dates are accurate at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities will be continued in the "Additional Information" section.
Duties and Responsibilities continued:
6. Participates as a key person on the Senior Manager team, attending regular senior manager meetings, collaborating on the review and improvement of department policies and procedures, and contributing to department and University initiatives focused on executive and continuing education; advises Director, Deputy Director and Senior Managers on relevant issues affecting Programming Unit or department performance; participates in the development of the biennial ECPE Review Report and Program Review and Outlook reports, contributing data and insights as needed.
7. Develops excellent working relationships with faculty Program Directors of all open enrollment and executive programs; tracks faculty appointments and oversees annual faculty renewal process and documentation; may assist with basic instructional design/development as needed; troubleshoots logistics and delivery solutions in collaboration with Program Directors and Programming staff; other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have strong educational program delivery experience, financial acumen, experience in a revenue generating operation, excellent personnel management skills, excellent customer service skills, and will be comfortable and confident in both a collaborative setting and in making and carrying out decisions. ______________________________________________________________________________________________
The Harvard T.H. Chan of Public Health is dedicated to building a diverse community of individuals who are committed to contributing to an inclusive environment – including fostering respect for all, serving the greater good, and welcoming individuals from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. To learn more about the Chan School's mission, objectives, and core values, please visit our website here.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3- 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year. Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date. Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service. Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools. Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute. Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services. Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health to support our mission of health research and education, and to be a part of the oldest institution of higher learning in the country!
Salary Grade: 058
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
7+ years of related experience required
Prior supervisory experience required
Master's degree preferred
Robust and progressive experience in an academic environment (academic administration) or in a comparable organization preferred, with at least 5+ years experience in supervising multiple direct reports in a team-based environment and experience in a profit making or commercial background highly desirable
Experience in MS-Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, and Canvas preferred
Excellent verbal, written, analytic, budgetary, personnel management, financial acumen, and presentation skills; proven capacity to manage multiple projects, tasks, and responsibilities simultaneously; relevant experience in a commercial profit-making entity; experience working in a fast-paced environment preferred
Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
Exposure to online/hybrid learning models a plus
Experience effectively communicating and partnering with faculty, staff, and colleagues
Experience analyzing performance data to track and project workload and staffing requirements
Comfortable with both collaborative decision-making and leading/implementing decisions as required
Experience balancing multiple assignments and programs simultaneously
Experience and enjoyment in both leading and working on teams
Accurate, calm, practical, inquisitive, good listener, collaborative problem solver
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Internal Number: 49953BR
About Harvard University T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Harvard University is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Cambridge and Boston, Massachusetts, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. Harvard has more than 360,000 alumni around the world. The University has twelve degree-granting Schools in addition to the Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, offering a truly global education. Established in 1636, Harvard is the oldest institution of higher education in the United States.