CBRE Heery seeks a Business Development Manager for our South Florida market. The position will be based in our Orlando office.
The Business Development Manager will work to improve the organization's market position and achieve financial growth. This person supports defining long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions. It is their responsibility to collaborate with the internal operations team, marketing staff, and other managers to increase sales opportunities and thereby maximize revenue for their organization. The Business Development Manager will also help manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Direct sell clients through meetings pitches and identify needs.
* Drives the client relationship and business development activities of the company across the geography
* Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
* Cold call as appropriate within market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
* Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
* Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
* Research and build relationships with new clients.
* Set up meetings between client decision makers and company's practice leaders/Principals.
* Plan and prepare teams for prospecting and shortlist approaches and pitches.
* Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives.
* Participate in pricing the solution/service.
* Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion.
* Oversees the creation of a wide variety of customized, professional-quality marketing materials for new pursuits (most commonly written proposals, RFP responses, and graphical presentations)
* Develops strong working relationships with subject matter experts throughout the organization at the functional and account management levels.
* Coordinates and assigns tasks to co-workers and other subject matter experts involved in opportunity pursuit
* Recommends staff recruitment and selection.
* Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
* No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers. May lead project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
* 10-15 years of sales and/or capture planning experience within the Architecture/Engineering/Construction and/or Construction Management industry.
* Experience with solution sellin,long sales cycles and closing opportunities.
* Experience with canvassing, cold calling and networking to meet goals within a territory.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Ability to prepare analytics and reports in a pre-designed style and format.
* Ability to effectively and efficiently respond to inquiries from clients, co-workers, supervisor, and/or management.
* Ability to effectively present information.
* Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills.
* Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook. Advanced Excel skills preferred.
* Experience working with and deciphering multiple types of RFP models preferred.
* Experience working with company procedures, policies and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines.
* Ability to set work unit and/or project deadlines.
* Experience with attending industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree is required. Preference given to technical degrees such as architecture, engineering, construction and project management.
* Masters Degree is a plus.
Internal Number: 19002089
With broader and deeper capabilities than any other company, CBRE is the leading full-service real estate services and investment organization in the world.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2017 revenues of $14.2 billion and more than 80,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included in the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking #214 in 2017. It also has been voted the industry’s top brand by the Lipsey Company for 17 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune’s “Most Admired Companies” in the real estate sector for six years in a row. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “CBRE.”
CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.