There’s a sociological theory that to be happy, people need three spaces that feel like theirs: home, work, and somewhere else. A third space where they can belong, where they are known and would be missed if they were gone. That third space is just what we’re building.
Located at the intersection of Broadway and Addison, Third Space will be a community hub where people can meet, gather, work, learn, grow and form lasting, meaningful relationships.
Diversity is part of Lakeview’s DNA. It’s what makes our community so strong. At Third Space, we welcome all people to come together for an inter-generational, inter-economic, inter-everything experience. With programming that encourages a holistic approach to community building and brings together folks from all corners of our neighborhood, our goal is for Third Space to invite new connections.
SERVING THE COMMUNITY
We will have educational programs for all ages, quiet digital workspaces, awesome play space for pre-schoolers, – all designed to meet the physical, social, educational and spiritual needs of our modern community. Whether you’re looking for exercise, art for your toddler, a quiet space to work, or a shared meal with friends, Third Space has you covered.
Program Manager Job Description
This new position oversees all aspects of our church’s Third Space Program, a community outreach of Lake View Presbyterian Church, and reports to the Pastor.
The job includes responsibility for the following:
Program Development and Marketing
· Lead the investigation and consideration of all possible programs.
· Recommend and participate with others in the decision-making of what programs and courses to offer.
· Recruit all teachers/leaders, both paid and volunteer.
· Supervise relevant staff and volunteers.
· Recommend ways to measure the success of each program.
· Listen to the community and third space participants to make program offerings relevant, healthy, and fun.
· Work closely with the Food Services Manager to intentionally integrate food into the schedule around all program/class offerings.
· Work to maintain a culture of “welcome, engagement, and authenticity.”
· Market all programs and events to the community using various tools with focus on social media.
· Manage the Third Space calendar.
· Coordinate, with the Office Manager, the use of the building.
· Track all income and expenses and the prepare monthly statistical reports for the Finance Committee and/or the bookkeeper.
· Prepare a budget for each fiscal year to be presented to the Third Space Committee and the Finance Committee for review before the pledging season begins (October).
· Provide regular reports to the Third Space Committee and Church Boards.
Skills and Experience Needed:
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Great organizational skills; adept at use of computers (e.g. Microsoft products, graphics software) and social media.
· Team-oriented and track record of working well with others.
· Experience with program marketing.
· Three-quarters time, i.e., 30 hours per week.
· Does not work on Mondays and should be at Sunday morning church services at least twice per month.
· Able to meet with the Pastor (supervisor) for weekly meetings and with the entire church staff for meetings at least once per month.
Minimum of Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum of three years of relevant experience.
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Great organizational skills; adept at use of computers (e.g. Microsoft products, graphics software) and social media.
Team-oriented and track record of working well with others.
Experience with program marketing.
Send resume to email@example.com. Must include cover letter.
Additional Salary Information: 30 hours/
personal medical insurance coverage included/
participation in 403b/participant only
paid time off
About Lake View Presbyterian Church/Third Space Chicago
As an inclusive and progressive Presbyterian PC(USA) community, we are called to feed the spiritual and physical hungers of all God’s children.
Lake View Presbyterian Church is a vibrant, growing congregation located in the heart of the Lakeview neighborhood. We have outreach programs that serve all ages in our neighborhood. We are committed to social justice issues both locally and around the world. Our educational programs support both an active young adult and family ministries, our fastest growing populations. The right candidate for our job will have a heart for serving people, will enjoy interacting with all kinds of people, will be energized by a job that is varied and complex, will be looking for work that matters! Join our great staff in supporting this vital work!
We are about to launch a brand new initiative called Third Space which will offer educational programming for all ages, quiet digital workspaces, awesome play spaces for preschoolers, exercise, art, music, language instruction, community meals and more. We've just completed a $1 million renovation to make our building accessible and to equip our kitchen to feed lots of people. Join us in building somet...hing that can help uplift the entire neighborhood and experience what it means to be a part of something great.