1) Develop and execute strategic communication plans, including long and short term goals, with methods of measuring the plan's impact on and contribution to the CQE and its stakeholder institutions, such as members and corporate partners
2) Create a distinct brand identity, unifying key messages and strategies to communicate complex information to multiple audiences and constituencies through a wide variety of communications platforms, including digital, print, social and media
3) Direct the generation of content (to include original text, images, video, website and member publications) in all areas of media, including social media, to build meaningful connections and communicate the organization's goals and messages. Manages content channels to ensure that all media/multimedia content is fresh, up-to-date,
compelling, and accurately reflects the CQE and the organizationâ™s priorities
4) Create and maintain external communications materials, including websites, handouts, newsletters, and an annual report, that highlight the accomplishments of CQE, including the research by the CQE members and partners
5) Support internal communications within the CQE
6) Assist in the planning and execution of public events that highlight the scientific work of CQE and its members; help build understanding of CQEâ™s expertise, achievements and impact
7) Work with the CQE member communications teams to develop audio and video content, identify and cultivate key spokespeople for CQE, and campaigns and other strategic projects
8) Prepare informative materials, scripts, talking points, and other communications for the leadership of CQE
1) Excellent written and spoken communications skills (including knowledge of correct English usage, Chicago and AP style guides).
2) Effective strategic professional who can clearly communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences
3) An understanding of and passion for the sciences, including experience working with research
4) Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
5) Strong computer skills including knowledge of email distribution software (such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, or Emma), Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar applications, and website administration (Drupal, WordPress, and Squarespace experience; CSS/HTML a plus)
6) Organized self-starter, able to work strategically and independently
7) Effective bridge-builder, able to work across communities
8) Ability to successfully manage a workload that balances long-range planning with the unanticipated daily demands of managing publicly visible projects
9) Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
10) Demonstrated success in building collaborative relationships with diverse constituencies
1) Bachelor's Degree
1) Minimum of 10 years of experience experience working in marketing or communication
2) Experience in building awareness through strategic communications in the physical sciences
1) Cover Letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05697
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.