The UConn Library seeks an engaged and forward-looking Business and Entrepreneurship Librarian to collaborate with stakeholders in the areas of business, entrepreneurship, and innovation within the UConn community and in the State of Connecticut. The Business and Entrepreneurship Librarian connects UConn Library collections, services, and spaces to research, scholarship, teaching, and learning at UConn. The Business and Entrepreneurship Librarian creates and assesses services, collections, and tools that support initiatives to develop the educational and commercial potential of ideas. This position serves as the primary contact for research assistance, information literacy instruction, and collection-building for the UConn School of Business, The Peter J. Werth Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation, and the Department of Economics. Along with all UConn Library personnel, the successful candidate makes a positive contribution to a culture of inclusion and respect in all interactions within the Library and across the University.
The Business and Entrepreneurship Librarian contributes to the advancement of the UConn Library through collaboration with colleagues and engagement with Library-wide initiatives, including serving on Library and University committees. The Business and Entrepreneurship Librarian engages in continuous learning and is professionally engaged at the state, regional, and national levels. As an active member of the Academic Engagement area’s Research Services unit, the position reports to the Head of Research Services, and is a positive contributor to the Library, founded on the UConn Library values of kindness and trust, curiosity and inquiry, equity and inclusion, and having fun.
UConn is one of the top public research universities in the nation, with more than 30,000 students pursuing answers to critical questions in labs, lecture halls, and the community. Knowledge exploration throughout the University’s network of campuses is united by a culture of innovation. An unprecedented commitment from the State of Connecticut ensures UConn attracts internationally renowned faculty and the world’s brightest students. A tradition of coaching winning athletes makes UConn a standout in Division l sports and fuels our academic spirit. As a vibrant, progressive leader, UConn fosters a diverse and dynamic culture that meets the challenges of a changing global society.
1. Graduate degree in Library and Information Science from an American Library Association-accredited program (or an international equivalent).
2. Work experience in a library setting.
3. Demonstrated expertise with research sources in business, such as those used in market and industry analysis, including specialized subscription databases.
4. Demonstrated instruction and presentation skills to a diverse range of audiences.
5. Evidence of strong oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
7. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think strategically, be innovative, be flexible, and embrace change.
8. Willingness to travel and work a flexible schedule as required.
Additional Qualifications for University Librarian 2, UCP 7 Level
1. Minimum of three years related experience in an academic, research, or corporate library setting.
2. Demonstrated leadership ability and excellent communication skills.
3. Experience participating in budget or project management for a department, project, team or committee.
4. Evidence of increasing involvement in professional development activities outside the University.
For Both Levels
1. Demonstrated ability to connect collections and services to stakeholder needs.
2. Demonstrated ability to create online learning objects and tutorials.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of scholarly communication in the field of business.
This is a full-time position based in Storrs, Connecticut. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits, including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn and a highly desirable work environment. Salary and rank are dependent upon education, qualifications, and experience.
Please apply online at UConn Jobs, https://jobs.uconn.edu, Staff Positions, Search #2019597. Please submit a cover letter, detailed resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Nominations and inquiries should be sent in confidence to email@example.com. To ensure full consideration, inquiries and applications should be submitted by July 28, 2019.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search #2019597)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on July 28, 2019.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
See Job Description
Internal Number: 2019597-2276_1562445216
About University of Connecticut
The University of Connecticut is a national leader among public research universities, with more than 30,000 students seeking answers to critical questions in classrooms, labs, and the community. A culture of innovation drives this pursuit of knowledge throughout the University’s network of campuses. Connecticut’s commitment to higher education helps UConn attract students who thrive in the most competitive environments, as well as globally renowned faculty members. Our school pride is fueled by a history of success that has made us a standout in Division I athletics. UConn fosters a diverse and vibrant culture that meets the needs and seizes the opportunities of a dynamic global society.