The TMW Center for Early Learning + Public Health at the University of Chicago develops, tests, and implements evidence-based interventions designed to promote very young children’s cognitive and social-emotional development, with a priority placed on working with children living in poverty. TMW interventions are designed to be overlaid onto existing health, education, and social service systems working at scale in a given community in order to meet families where they already are. Our goal is to effect population-level change in children’s academic and developmental outcomes. In partnership with the Children’s Services Council of Palm Beach County, the TMW Center is launching a multi-year community-wide demonstration project in 2019, through which the TMW Center and community partners will implement its parent-directed interventions through systems already working at scale in the community, with a goal of reaching 60% of all families with children age birth to three within five years within our target area. The program will launch in summer 2019, with a rigorous timeframe for further program rollout and scaling over the following five years. The TMW Center will conduct an ongoing evaluation of the program’s and model’s success, and will therefore collect data longitudinally from program participants, as well as a nearby comparison community that will not receive TMW interventions. In support of this, the TMW Center seeks a Technical Assistance Coordinator to serve as the face of the TMW Center within the Palm Beach community, providing on-site support to implementing providers in hospitals, pediatric clinics, and social service agencies. The ideal candidate is organized, personable, and driven to effect change in their local community. This position will be based in Palm Beach County, Florida.
Responsible for all aspects of research projects and research facilities. Plans and conducts clinical and non-clinical research; facilitates and monitors daily activities of clinical trials or research projects. Directs engineering and technical support activities to develop and maintain tools and computational methods needed to gather and analyze data.
Career Track and Job Level
Oversees all aspects of management, scientific technological development, and operations for major research projects or research facilities. Ensures compliance of research activities with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates. Writes articles, reports and manuscripts. Presents research findings at meetings and/or conferences.
P1: Performs routine assignments in the entry level to a professional job progression. Typically requires a college or university degree or the equivalent work experience that provides knowledge and exposure to fundamental theories, principles and concepts. Develops competence by performing structured work assignments. Uses existing procedures to solve routine or standard problems. Receives instruction, guidance and direction from others.
The job performs routine assignments related to scientific research projects. Ensures compliance of research activities with institutional, state, and federal regulatory policies, procedures, directives and mandates. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Writes articles, reports and manuscripts. Assists in drafting presentations on research findings.
1) Maintains technical and administrative support for a research project., 2) Analyzes and maintains data and/or specimens. Conducts literature reviews. Assists with preparation of reports, manuscripts and other documents., 3) Installs, sets up and performs experiments; interacting with students and other laboratory staff under the direction of the principal investigator., 4) Maintains recruiting and scheduling research subjects; assisting with developing or amending study protocols; assisting with developing data collection tools; assisting with building databases; and providing general administrative support. Has general awareness in research techniques or methods, regulatory policies and procedures, and relevant scientific field, 5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Provide regular on-site assistance to implementing sites in using the TMW Tech Platform and TMW interventions. Troubleshoot and resolve questions/issues as quickly as feasible, and escalate larger issues to Project Manager and Tech Platform Manager as appropriate.
2) Conduct regular weekly site visit ‘stop ins’ at each implementing site to check on implementation, ensure adequate supplies, and ensure proper functioning of tablets/technology.
3) Alert Project Manager about any noted deviations from specified implementation plans at any site; work with Project Manager and Training Manager to remedy issues.
4) Maintain an on-call cell phone for technical assistance requests, and resolve technical and implementation issues as quickly as possible, escalating when appropriate.
5) Secure permissions from sites to enable implementation by site staff, including wifi access, tablet encryption, and tablet access credentials.
6) Prepare technology at each site for use in implementation (optimize tablets for use of TMW Tech Platform, install TMW Tech Platform).
7) Set up the TMW Tech Platform for each site’s implementation, including creating a partitioned site, creating accounts for implementing staff, and testing and troubleshooting the new site functionality, in coordination with the TMW Tech Platform Project Manager.
1) This position is based in Palm Beach County, Florida
2) Ability to travel locally to conduct regular on-site visit
3) Ability to travel periodically to Chicago
1) Ability to speak and write in Spanish strongly
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through < 2 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Experience in community-based program implementation.
2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate and build strong working relationships with diverse audiences.
3) Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
4) Problem-solving skills, including a strong ability to prioritize.
5) Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
6) Ability to train others.
7) Initiative and independent judgment.
1) Experience with Microsoft Office
Required Documents 1) Resume 2) Cover Letter 3) Contact information for at least three supervisory references
Note: When applying, all documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV portion of the application
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
Internal Number: JR04938
About The University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.