The Association of Performing Arts Professionals, the largest national service and advocacy organization for the performing arts with more than 1,700 members worldwide, currently seeks a candidate for the position of Membership and Marketing Seasonal Associate.
Position is expected to run from September 3, 2019 through January 24, 2020.
The Membership and Marketing Seasonal Associate is responsible for providing a range of administrative support to both the marketing and communications and membership teams. The seasonal associate plays a key role in providing outstanding customer service for the membership team by responding to front-line inquiries about APAP’s membership and the Annual APAP|NYC conference via email, phone, mail, online etc. The Associate will support the marketing and communications team with a variety of activities associated with the APAP|NYC conference. The Associate supports both departments with customer service, data entry, copy editing, materials production, processing payments, generating and distribution of invoices/receipts, and fulfilling other duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will be customer service oriented and a collaborative team player with the ability to work across multiple departments in a faced paced setting. This is a short-term position and does not include employee benefits or paid holidays.
• Providing exceptional front-line customer service - responding to incoming member/non-member requests for support and information via phone, email, etc.;
• Assists membership department in all aspects of member retention and recruitment as needed, including but not limited to: processing new or renewing membership dues payments, updating the CRM database, outreach to new and lapsing members, distribution of membership invoices and receipts;
• Support all marketing and communications activities related to the APAP|NYC conference including: serving as key member of the copy-editing team; collection of assets (copy, photos, etc.) for creative projects and publications; assisting with the creation of creative, including signage, PowerPoint, etc.;
• In coordination with marketing team, assist with fulfillment of sponsor marketing.
• Assist with the creation and implementation of membership and marketing and communications surveys and reports;
• Assist with the preparation and follow up associated with APAP’s participation in the regional performing arts convenings;
• Other duties as assigned.
Requirements/Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• College graduate with professional experience in communications and marketing and demonstrated interest in the arts and culture preferred.
• Enthusiastic, creative, flexible team player who embraces challenges and works proactively. Ability to work under deadline and fast paced environment.
• Proven writing, copyediting and project management skills, attention to detail and high professional standards.
• Demonstrated customer service skills and experience.
• Experience with e-communications and data management systems required.
• Experience with Microsoft CRM, or other membership databases a plus.
• Layout and design skills (ideally Adobe Creative Suite) preferred.
• Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Independent worker that is creative, resourceful, detail-oriented and self-motivated.
*Note: All duties and requirements stated above are the essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the staff occupying this position. Staff members may be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by the supervisor.
For more information on APAP, visit www.apap365.org. Interested applicants should email a cover letter outlining qualifications, resume and references for confidential consideration to hr@APAP365.org. Please include “Membership and Marketing Seasonal Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Principals only.
About Association of Performing Arts Professionals
APAP, the Association of Performing Arts Professionals (formerly the Association of Performing Arts Presenters) is the national service, advocacy and membership organization for presenters of the performing arts. APAP is dedicated to developing and supporting a robust performing arts industry and the professionals who work within it. In addition to the annual APAP|NYC conference - the world's leading convening for the performing arts industry - APAP is the industry's leading community for networking and knowledge.