CVG Airport is hiring a Senior Manager of Airport Operations (AOC).
CLASS SUMMARY: Responsible for overseeing the Airport Operations Center (AOC) Operations Personnel, Duty Managers and Dispatch (Telecommunicators) to provide ongoing coverage, oversight, coordination and communication of the Airport’s operational activities within airfield and landside environments, implementation of airport security policies (non law enforcement), management of irregular occurrences including emergency circumstances.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department. •Ensures department staff, facilities, equipment and materials are managed at a level that provides continuous safe and secure airside and landside operations during both routine and emergency conditions. Manages, delegates and reviews assigned work. Provides coaching and counseling, staff development and fitness, and applies organizational policies and procedures. •Coordinates with other Airport departments as well as airlines, ground handling providers, and applicable agencies. •Operates with considerable independence, requiring the exercise of sound judgment and initiative.
· Coordinating all airport operational activities within airfield and landside environments to include aircraft parking (at gates, remote, etc.)
· Monitors compliance with Airport security policies (non law enforcement) with respect to the requirements of TSR 1542.
· Works with Operations Specialist for compliance with FAR 139 safety standards and regulations
· Ensures that adequate documentation of plans and procedures (SOPS) are accurate, implementable, and well communicated among the Airport, airlines, tenants, and other key stakeholders.
· Coordinates established plans for management of irregular occurrences including emergency circumstances
· Evaluates performance of responsible areas through the review of work methods, procedures, and results.
· Responsible for all contract management activities as documented in KCAB Policy 1014, Contract Management. As the subject matter expert responsible for all key aspects of contract management ensuring KCAB’s interests are represented in any business activities regarding the agreement. Prepares RFP’s, bid specifications, and negotiates contracts.
· Works in a regularly scheduled shift work and unscheduled after hours work and is subject to emergency re-call as part of routine duties
· Has a working knowledge of the Airport Certification Manual (ACM) and the Airport Emergency Plan (AEP) and Airport Security Program (ASP) and monitors compliance and escalates issues to the appropriate individuals, as required.
· Maintains a working knowledge of all environmental guidelines and regulations including the Storm Water Pollution Protection (SWPP) Program for the Airport as well as the applicable SPCC plans.
· Has a working knowledge of all pertinent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations through the implementation of an airfield self-inspection program, training program, pavement management plan, signage plan, or any other program required by the FAA.
· Ensures the proper use and compliance with the Airport’s Notification Systems.
· Provides input to assist in the development of the annual departmental budgets.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and seven years of professional operations related experience at a FAR 139 commercial service airport. Minimum of three years of supervisory experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING/CERTIFICATIONS: •Maintain Security Identification Display Area Clearance (SIDA) •Obtain and maintain position appropriate NIMS & emergency training. •Maintain ramp and movement area driving privileges. •ASOS Basic and Advanced •OSHA 30 hour •Must obtain certification as a Telecommunicator by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council (KLEC) and LINK/NCIC Operator within twelve months of employment.
SKILL IN: •Demonstrated skill in directing and managing staff efficiently and effectively; •Demonstrated skill in comprehending and implementing requirements of complex, technical information. •Understands technology and how it should be implemented to improve workflow and communication •Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating and advocating, both orally and in writing; •Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheets; •Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups; •Demonstrated skill in use of independent judgment; •Demonstrated skill in team leadership.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: standing, walking, fingering, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Sedentary Work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently, or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
About Kenton County Airport Board (CVG)
The Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) has a long history of providing first-class air service, unparalleled efficiency and excellent customer service. Behind the exceptional service and outstanding facilities found at CVG is a team, the Kenton County Airport Board, owner and operator of CVG, dedicated to making the airport among the best in the world. One can see this commitment in the safe, well-maintained facilities, in the cleanliness of the terminals, and in the overall beauty of the airport grounds. Visit our website, www.cvgairport.com to learn more.
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.