At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2019. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Agronomic Modeler (1901967) - State College, PA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are currently seeking a professional like you to join our digital faming team within BASF’s Agricultural Solutions (AP) business. In this role, you will be a technical expert in the area of crop, pest, and management modeling. You will lead and work alongside a team of agronomist, modelers, and data scientists to develop and operate high resolution agricultural models. You will routinely interface with universities, growers, agronomists, and BASF research and development teams to ensure the soundness of the science behind your modeling efforts.
This is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate your ability to integrate ideas from a broad range of stakeholder concepts and BASF regional and global team members into commercial activities. You will also exhibit your excellent understanding of various agricultural production systems, especially corn and soybean, as well as your knowledge of geospatial agricultural data sources and technologies used in model development and scientific and technical trends in the digital agricultural community.
For further information on Agricultural Products with BASF, please select:
BASF: Create Chemistry with the Agricultural Products Division
Formula for Success
* Applying your excellent understanding of the agricultural model development cycle, including research, development, validation and operation on a global scale, you will create and operate crop development, crop growth, and pest and disease models to enable and automate grower decision making.
* Leveraging your strong educational background (Agricultural Science preferred - e.g. Plant Physiology, Agronomy, Entomology, Plant Pathology, etc.) and experience modeling for agricultural applications, you will conduct research studies to generate innovative and novel modeling techniques.
* Your experience working with growers will help you develop solutions that deliver remarkable decision-making insights and create immediate value for our customers.
* Your digital mindset, robust analytical skills, and compentency in at least one programming language (e.g., Python, R, C, C++, etc.) will serve you well to interpret, analyze, and produce large, high resolution, geospatial agricultural data sets.
* Your excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills will be vital as you will be responsible for managing model development across multiple regions and commodities.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
To apply, please use this link to find this role:https://basf.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901967&
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://basf.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901967&lang=en&sns_id=mailto#.XRTTL6AZ68E.mailto