We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. JOB PURPOSE
The purpose of the role is to provide project management, delivery leadership and business analysis to the Financial Markets Technology group, focusing on front office pricing, market data and risk. The joiner will join a high performing team delivering front-office deal validation, cross-asset class derivative pricing and execution technology to the global financial markets business. The system is built entirely in-house using bleeding-edge architecture and technologies such as micro-services, Kubernetes containers, Cassandra, Kafka and React-framework. The role involves working closely with senior business stakeholders, global team of front office developers, COO, compliance, regulatory operations, quants and the ecommerce team.
The job purpose consists of:
· Building strong, effective relationships with both the business and technology teams, across global offices.
· Collaborating with front office stakeholders to gather requirements, solve business problems by proposing relevant, innovative solutions.
· Working with development teams and COO/Compliance to deliver technology deliverables applying agile development methodologies.
· Delivering functional consistency across the projects by influencing technology architecture and design decisions
· Translating and documenting business requirements
· Working across derivative asset classes FX, Rates, Credit and Commodity
· Depending on experience and background, the role may have more emphasis on PM (Delivery) or BA work. The applicant should have experience in both including subject matter expertise in financial markets and key regulatory/controls aspects.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
· Understand requirements and translate into quality technology solutions
· Pro-actively engage, manage and build strong relationships with both business and technology stakeholders
· Take ownership of technology deliveries from high level requirement through development, testing and deployment
· Translate solutions into detailed, unambiguous, business and functional requirements
· Provide on-going support to the technology teams as required e.g. authoring / reviewing test cases, closing out open issues / questions, managing change request process etc.
· Identify risks and issues early, plan mitigating steps and communicate these to stakeholders in a timely manner
· Work closely with business users, other project and programme managers and technology stakeholders to ensure all stakeholders are fully engaged and expectations managed
· Delivery focused, committing to specific tasks and ensuring these and the overall projects deadlines are met
Heads of trading desks, traders, desk developers, quantative analysts, development leads, developers, testers, project managers, support groups
· Stakeholder feedback (Business and IT)
· Delivery of individual tasks and overall projects on time and of a high quality
· Quality of documentation
· Ensuring projects pass internal audits and reviews
· Post project implementation reviews and alignment of project deliverable to measurable exit criteria
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience and understanding of key industry regulations and their impacts on financial markets deal validation a must
· Experience and understanding of front office pricing, execution and market data (pre-trade) a strong plus
· Experience in front office risk systems and/or e-trading technology required. Derivatives electronic trading (any asset class) a strong plus.
· Ability to lead cross-departmental teams to delivery - without direct reporting line
· Outstanding stakeholder management skills and experience - to managing director / global head level
· Ability to take ownership of business requirements and manage them through to delivery
· Derivatives knowledge from FX, Rates, Commodities and Credit (at least one in-depth) encompassing pricing, risk analytics and trade life cycle. Finance degree or certifications (FRM/CFA/PRM etc) a plus.
· Ability to accurately translate and document business needs into functional requirements and produce quality documentation
· Quantative finance understanding, experience working with analytics libraries and pricing models.
· Agile and traditional project management methodology experience. Certifications such as Scrum Master or PMP a plus.
· Ability to work proactively, independently and display strong initiative
· Technical background would be very beneficial, understanding of (ideally functional) programming a plus
· Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent standard of English (written and spoken)
· Displays personal authority, integrity and ethics. Multicultural awareness
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
Internal Number: 5910674
About Standard Chartered Bank
eFinancialCareers is a career site specializing in financial services.