Primary responsibilities include serving as a Project Manager for various quality and performance improvement (PI) programs and strategic initiatives designed to improve the quality of service, care and efficiency delivered in clinical practices. Primary responsibilities will include serving as a liaison and coordinator between Cedars-Sinai Medical Care Foundation (CSMCF) Quality and PI Department and its physicians and their office staff for quality and PI programs and projects. Responsibilities will include managing and supporting various value-based care projects, research and analysis, preparing deliverables, meeting coordination, and administrative tasks as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Proactively manage projects by using critical project management thinking skills- including but not limited to establishing scope of work and project plan, managing timelines for project tasks, including mitigation of risks as necessary, reporting, ensuring goals are tracked and met, and effectively coordinating activities with project team.
* Complete projects independently or with appropriate staff as identified by the Director, Q/PI or Manager, PI.
* Generate clinical reports and dashboards for management decision-making.
* Research complex business questions and data issues to support various quality improvement and population health programs and present findings or analyses clearly and concisely to appropriate parties.
* Assist with the identification, retrieval, manipulation, and analysis of data necessary to make decisions to support strategic initiatives and ongoing program management activities.
* Supports Managers and Directors in Q/PI department on quality assurance and management activities including pay-for-performance (P4P) audits, user acceptance testing (UAT), and data abstraction.
* Assist management and executive staff with other special projects and functions as necessary.
* Coordinate meetings between CSMCF management team and physicians and staff.
* Take meeting notes and prepare materials for meetings.
* Perform normative administrative duties efficiently such as printing, faxing, scanning, and compiling documents.
Providing healthcare for more than 100 years, Cedars-Sinai has evolved into one of the most dynamic and highly renowned medical centers in the world. Along with caring for patients, Cedars-Sinai is a hub for biomedical research and a training center for future physicians and other healthcare professionals. This attracts exceptional talent to Cedars-Sinai, including world-renowned physician-scientists who seek a place where they can both conduct research and see patients--the ideal formula for discovery and its translation into cures. Our patients benefit from access to doctors at the top of their fields, and our researchers have an ideal community in which to study the impact of healthcare challenges, and reflect that knowledge in their research. The greater Los Angeles area in which Cedars-Sinai resides possesses unparalleled cultural and ethnic diversity which offers outstanding opportunities for translational and clinical research... and a dynamic environment for medical education.Although community based, Cedars-Sinai is a major teaching hospital affiliated with the David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Cedars-Sinai has highly competitive graduate medical education programs in more than 50 specialty and subspecialty areas, a graduate program in biomedical sciences and translational medicine, a clinical scholars program directed towards junior physicians with aspirations to become clinical scientists, and post graduate training opportunities.There are more than 250 full-time faculty members at Cedars-Sinai. The voluntary medical staff, comprised of more than 2,200 specialty board-certified or board-qualified physicians, represent all of the specialties and subspecialties and collaborate with full-time medical staff in the teaching responsibilities of the graduate medical education programs.