1) Serve as a contact for prospective students as well as provide advising and assistance throughout the admission process.
2) Manage daily inquiries to the Student Recruitment and Global Outreach office.
3) Manage a high volume of outreach to prospective students via phone, email, and in person meetings.
4) Respond to and forward email and phone inquiries to appropriate staff, ensuring quick and informative responses to prospective students and others contacting the office.
5) Develop and implement various culturally appropriate prospective student recruitment events.
6) Coordinate events, projects and actively participate with the student organizations.
7) Assist with visitation programs and tours, conveying information about Harris and admissions process to prospective students, by means of college fairs, school visits, written communication, e-mail, social media, telecounseling, and yield activities.
8) Reviews applications, authenticates and makes official admissions decisions on behalf of Harris.
9) Coordinate the inflow of applications and ensure all required application documentation is secured within established deadlines.
10) Confirm application status and troubleshoot issues that arise with the submission process.
11) Resolve prospective student inquiries throughout the application submission cycle.
12) Conducts research on assigned territories and performs analysis of admissions eligibility.
13) Interviews prospective students and responds to inquiries.
14) Willingness to be present at evening and/or weekend programs, activities and meetings.
15) Driverâ™s license and willingness to travel to regionally and nationally (ownership of a vehicle is not required).
16) Manage incoming and outgoing communications to prospective students, applicants, and admitted students.
1) Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
2) Knowledge of Slate, Salesforce, or other database technologies and Microsoft Office, as well as ability to learn new technologies quickly.
3) Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
4) Discretion and customer service orientation.
5) Ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
6) Analytical skills.
7) Interview skills.
8) Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one settings, as well as in small and large group situations, to a variety of audiences.
9) Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality of all information, files, and records.
10) Ability to coordinate the assignments of student workers, graduate research assistants, and temporary employees.
11) Superior organizational and project management skills.
12) Willingness and ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
13) Willingness and ability to travel for recruitment events.
MPP or similar degree.
At least three years of higher education, admissions or admissions related experience, including admissions evaluations.
2) Cover letter
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under theResume/CVsection of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05471
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.