This position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of technology-leveraged classroom setup, supporting staff computing needs, and documenting procedures and inventory.
• Installs, operates and manages desktops and laptops for Digital and Continuing Education. Troubleshoots hardware, software, and network connectivity for employee computers. Tracks, prioritizes, and resolves help desk requests and resolutions. (40%)
• Deploys desktops and servers using imaging software or other appropriate technology in a classroom environment on a weekly basis for multiple labs. Sets up multimedia at on- and off-campus classroom and testing locations as needed. (15%)
• Maintains comprehensive documentation of procedures. Tracks and controls hardware and software inventories. (15%)
• Supervises and evaluates student workers. (10%)
• Maintains departmental Active Directory, Email related systems and other internal services. (10%)
• Serves as the liaison between IT and Program group; assists in lab scheduling, and works closely with and serves as a backup to the Infrastructure Analyst (IT Analyst 3) in supporting Digital and Continuing Education’s IT infrastructure. (5%)
• Other duties as assigned (5%)
Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience. Windows desktop support experience; proven experience and skill in hardware and software administration, troubleshooting, and support; familiarity with topologies.
Knowledge of server administration for Windows Server, Microsoft Internet Information Server and Microsoft SQL Server; experience with Microsoft Windows Sharepoint Services (WSS); supervision experience.
Special or Physical Qualifications
Evening and weekend hours sometimes required.
Please provide cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references including name, title, phone number and e-mail address.
A copy of your transcript(s) may be attached to your application. However, official transcripts are required prior to hire.
Attach ALL required documents under the "Resume/CV" section of your application.
LSU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity / equal access employer.
Questions or concerns can be directed to the LSU Human Resources Management Office at 225-578-8200 or emailed HR@lsu.edu