Requisition Number: 03024054 Final Filing Date: 06-24-2019 Closing Date: Payroll Title: STAFF RESEARCH ASSOCIATE II - NON EXEMPT Number of Positions: 1 Salary: $23.25 - 37.41/ hour Appointment Type: Career Appointment Description: 100% Monday-Friday, 8am to 5pm Overtime Eligible (FLSA): Non-Exempt Union/HEERA Representation: This position is covered by a collective bargaining unit
Department: ARTS ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP - 040035 Department Description:
Location: Davis Allow Applicants to Attach: Resume Cover Letter References
Job Summary: Under general supervision, provide support to the teaching and research activities in the Design Department. Maintain facility and supplies for instruction and act as safety officer for the department. Assist faculty members with their classroom needs as it applies to the curriculum being taught during the quarter. Supervise shop services student assistants, coordinate and schedule the use of the facilities.
Physical Demands: Lift/move equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 lbs.
Work Environment: Valid California driver's license to transport equipment and supplies.
UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
Background Check Required: Yes
Minimum Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in fine arts, design environment, or related area, or equivalent experience/training.
- Skills to train and technically instruct users in policies and procedures, laboratory usage, and safe use of equipment.
- Experience working with wood, metal, plastics and other material to fabricate, modify and adapt equipment to meet instructional and research needs.
- Experience maintaining inventory data base of laboratory equipment including coordinating equipment purchases, setting up operations of new systems and record keeping.
- Experience organizing and implementing systems for equipment maintenance including ordering parts, repair and ordering new equipment.
- Experience handling and disposing of toxic wastes.
- Skills in working with equipment like fabric printers, laser cutters, 3D printers, sewing machines, CNC, etc. Ability to research and learn new skills as equipment changes.
-Skills to problem-solving and assist students and faculty with projects.
Preferred Qualifications: - Experience and/or education working in maker spaces, architecture or construction environments.
- Knowledge of campus laboratory safety regulations and procedures.
- Experience with current operating systems, operating environments and communications protocols including Macintosh and PC Windows.
- Knowledge of digital photographic systems.
- Experience and/or knowledge of dyes and screen-printing processes.
- Experience with spreadsheet and word processing applications, and maintaining an inventory database.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
UC Davis is the home of the Aggies — go-getters, change makers and problem solvers who make their mark at one of the top public universities in the United States. Since we first opened in 1908, we’ve been known for standout academics, sustainability and Aggie Pride as well as valuing the Northern California lifestyle. These themes are woven into our 100-plus-year history and our reputation for solving problems related to food, health, the environment and society.Our 5,300-acre campus is in the city of Davis, a vibrant college town of about 68,000 located in Yolo County. The state capital is 20 minutes away, and world-class destinations such as the San Francisco Bay Area, Lake Tahoe and the Napa Valley are within a two-hour drive.