The Mammography Technologist, under direct and indirect supervision, performs specialized examinations of the breast to help in the diagnosis and treatment of breast disease in patients. The Mammography Technologist will perform screening exams and diagnostic exams, along with assisting the radiologist during stereotactic breast biopsies. It is preferred to have experience with QA/QC processes, MQSA, and ACR accreditation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Radiologic technologists of all disciplines will at all times conduct themselves in accordance with the American Registry of Radiologic
• Technologists Code of Ethics.
• Treat all coworkers with respect.
• Perform examinations in their respective departments in a timely manner, attempting to maintain the schedule, in a professional manner.
• Be capable of working with minimal supervision and with minimal radiologist intervention.
• Be proactive in noticing problems with the schedule and notify accordingly the responsible parties to address the issues.
•Seek continuing education as necessary, in accordance with licensure requirements, but preferably also in a manner that promotes personal growth and satisfaction.
• Take responsibility for their respective departments, assuring cleanliness of room and surrounding area, QC/QA of equipment, completion of exams, and communication of equipment concerns to coworkers in your department and appropriate supervisors, and contacting service engineers when appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
ARRT Registered (R and M)
FL Unlimited radiography License
MQSA Compliant for Digital Mammography
Internal Number: 001
About Precision Imaging Centers
Precision Imaging Centers is a multi-modality facility.
We focus on excellent patient care and offer a wide variety of services.