2) Ensure that payment posting, credit resolution and data reference goals and standards are met.
3) Supervise inter-departmental money transfer activities.
4) Work with UCPG information systems personnel to automate the posting functions via electronic technologies and serve as an integral part of team implementing improvements.
5) Maintain and reconcile electronic postings and monitor the suspense accounts on a daily basis.
6) Work with Finance team in evaluation systems of internal control and accounting workflow between the billing and financial systems.
7) Communicate with all internal and external necessary parties regarding any cash posting and balancing issues.
8) Develop short-term and long-term plans and strategies for improving efficiency of cash posting and credit resolutions.
9) Ensure that patients, physicians and third party inquiries are responded to in a timely accurate manner.
10) Keep informed of changes in payer rules and regulations and uphold all generally accepted accounting principles and University/Divisional policies and procedures.
11) Represent UCPG in key forums across the University of Chicago as designated by the Director and act as an internal resource within UCPG to leverage standardization and process improvement techniques to improve business operations.
12) Serve on advisory panels and participate in forum group as opportunities present or are identified; as well as serve as a contributor and participant on varies committees as assigned to achieve UPCG goals while maintaining positive working relationships with all.
13) Identify and communicate opportunities to improve cash flow.
1) Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
2) Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal/communication skills
3) Knowledge of regulatory compliance
4) Ability to work under pressure of scheduled assignments
5) Ability to work on more than one project at one time and meet deadlines
6) Capacity to handle multiple tasks in a short amount of time
7) Must be detailed and organized and respect confidentiality
8) Ability to analyze and solve problems
9) Ability to interact with all levels of staff within the division
1) Bachelorâ™s degree or equivalent combination of education and job related work experience
1) Managerial, supervisory, or project management experience no less than three years
2) Healthcare experience
3) Physician Revenue Cycle experience
4) Epic Billing System experience
5) Demonstrated knowledge of third-party payer systems and related rules and regulations
Technical Knowledge or Skills
1) Comprehensive working knowledge and processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
2) Demonstrated knowledge of automated billing systems.
3) Ability to use computerized billing system.
2) Cover Letter
3) Reference Contact Information
Note: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR05322
About University of Chicago
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.