The Assistant Manager/Textbook Buyer assists the Manager of the College Store in all phases of store operation and performs all functions related to ordering textbooks and other course materials. Course materials include new and used textbooks, new and used rental textbooks, access codes, digital textbooks, and Inclusive Access materials.
1. Directly responsible for the College Store in the Manager’s absence.
2. Coordinate all operations directly related to ordering, selling, and returning course materials using a computer merchandise inventory control system. This includes all dealings with publishers on new texts as well as all dealing with used book wholesalers. Issue purchase orders.
a. Screen book requests entered into Verba Collect by the departments for revisions, enter into textbook system, and adjust requirements according to sales history.
b. Set up Inclusive Access through Verba Connect by working with the Verba representative and all publisher reps who are participating in the program. Communicate the course fees to be charged to each student taking Inclusive Access courses with the Registrar’s Office.
c. Work with wholesalers to set up rentals and coordinate rental returns each semester.
d. Prepare buy back list and quantities for wholesale buyers for used book buy back. Coordinate all book buy back activities and paperwork.
e. Order textbooks for special programs/departments that require course materials.
3. Maintain accurate computerized source files and textbook inventory system. Coordinate physical book inventory each semester.
4. Maintain computer system: load updates and price change reports, software upgrades, and backups.
5. Update book information regarding new editions, revisions, and price changes regularly.
a. Confirm cost of books from invoice and establish or verify correct retail price.
b. Conduct inquiries relative to the text department operation of damagers, incorrect titles, duplicate shipments, and partial shipments. Enter invoice and receiving information into system.
6. Liaison to Assistant to the Dean of each division and instructors for general communication or when problems arise concerning textbooks.
7. Set up textbook floor each semester.
8. Coordinate supervision of the stock room with the Logistics Associate.
a. Ensure accuracy/quality control of receiving, pricing, and stocking merchandise.
9. Close the Sales Month
a. Run month end cost of goods reports.
b. Create spreadsheet with cost of goods reports for Accounting Associate.
c. Email month end inventory to accounting.
10. Vending Machines
a. Maintain vending machines.
b. Calculate vending sales.
c. Ring up vending machine sales
11. Maintain registers and credit card machines.
12. Order computers and printers for resale.
13. Work with College Store Manager on disciplinary procedures and actions involving employees.
14. Perform closing operations of College Store.
15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, retailing, marketing, advertising, or other related field required.
Textbook buying experience with a computerized inventory system required. Knowledge of PrismRBS and Prism Core systems and three years minimum textbook buying experience preferred.
Ability to work effectively with College Store staff and members of the college community. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Additional Salary Information: Great Benefit Package! See Local 71 package:
Internal Number: req428
About Henry Ford College
Henry Ford College
BACK TO TOP
MPA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else MPA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at MPA Career Center.